Chapter 957

An hour later when the food's arrived
Matt's POV: An hour after Gabby left the living room to go to the bedroom, the food finally arrived and I called her. However, she didn't come out which was quite odd for her. I mean, whenever it came to food...she came out right away when it was ready because she didn't want it to get cold. I then looked at my mom as she unpacked the food from the delivery bags. "Mom, can you get these out on the counter? I am going to check on Gabby." My mom nodded. "She's been quite quiet in there." That's when I realized what's probably happening.

"She's probably asleep. She's been tired. She didn't sleep that good at the cabin." My mom agreed and smiled as I walked away to the bedroom. Quietly opening the door, I saw Gabby sleeping in bed. It was a sight I loved to see because of how beautiful she looked while she slept. I then turned to look at my mom quickly. "Can you watch him? I'm going to wake her up." My mom nodded and smiled. I then moved to walk into the room and closed the door behind me so that me and Gabby could take a moment alone before we ate supper.

Walking over to bed, I smiled when I moved to sit down next to Gabby on the bed and then moved my hand to her arm. Rubbing it as I looked down at her, I smiled when she woke up. Gabby looked up at me and sighed. "How long have I been asleep? I didn't mean to." I smiled at her and then moved my hand to her neck. "You've been asleep for an hour. And it's okay Gabby. The bed at the cabin wasn't the best...we both know that." Gabby nodded and agreed.

I smiled while rubbing her cheek. "Listen, the food's here. Then, we need to give Matteo a bath. It's already 6." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "Would your mom be mad if we asked to be alone after supper?" I bit my lip and sighed. "Gabby, it's only a couple days. Can we just stay out there with her?" Gabby agreed and nodded. "Of course Matt." I smiled when she said that before bending down to kiss her softly. "Let's go eat...then we can cuddle on the couch."

Gabby nodded and smiled before opening the covers and stretching. I smiled at her when she did that before waiting for her at the end of our bed. Walking over to me, Gabby then grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers as we prepared to walk out of our bedroom and into the kitchen so that we could have supper with my mom.