O N E

"RISE AND SHINEEEEE!"

My best friend Talia screamed as she all but kicked my door down and jumped on top of me, making me release a groan.

"Get off me Tal" I moaned out in pain, as she laughed at my expense.

However, one good elbow to her side and Talia was off me, releasing a groan of her own.

Serves her right

"How did you even get in here?" I questioned, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, getting out of bed.

"Your mom let me in." She said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Which it was, but I just woke up and my brain needs some time to adjust.

"By the way, she said she's working the overnight shift and won't be home tonight." Talia stated as she scrambled over to my closet to grab my uniform.

Yes, my school had a uniform, much to my dismay.

The uniform wasn't too bad though. It was black bottoms with a black blazer with red trimming that had the school's crest on it, a white top underneath, and a red tie. Girls had the option of wearing skirts but they had to come to our fingertips.

Specific, I know

However, with my height of 5'8 skirts reached me mid-thigh. But with height comes long limbs, so I'm never dress-coded.

Looking over at Talia I saw she was wearing a pleated black skirt, that reached mid-thigh as she was the same height as me, she had the school blazer unbuttoned, leaving it open, a white crop top underneath and had a red tie loosely tied around her neck. She paired her outfit with fishnet tights, a silver chain, silver rings, and white combat boots.

What stood out the most was the barbie pink hair that fell down her back in waves. The color complimenting her dark skin perfectly.

Talia absolutely despises our school uniform and says that it prohibits her from expressing herself which is a crime to an artist such as herself.

Her words, not mine.

So, Talia takes it upon herself to have a new hairstyle every week, as a way to express herself.

Grabbing the clothes Talia pulled out for me, I made my way over to the bathroom.

After brushing my teeth, washing my face, and changing my clothes, I made my way back into my room.

Entering the room I found Talia lying down on my bed, scrolling through her phone.

Leaving her there, I walked over to my dresser to quickly do my hair.

After completing my daily hair routine,I began to style my hair. I split my hair down the middle, using gel to slick back my hair into a low bun.

Moving from the dresser, I stood in front of my full-length mirror to take in my appearance.