Chapter Four: A Dark Revelation.

Kingsley walked past her and entered the drawing-room, Mel drew out her wand and pointed it to his chest when he came back.

"Mel!" Hermione gasped, she was still looking like Harry. "What are you doing?"

"Stay back," She replied without looking away from Kingsley. "Two years ago Umbridge took Harry and me to Dumbledore's office, you were there. I had an injury— What was it?"

"Your hand," Kingsley replied calmly. "Your wrist was broken."

Mel looked at Hermione, she sighed. 

"Okay then," She pointed her wand at the fake Harry. "When you were twelve you wrote a valentine's letter... Who was it for?"

"Lockhart," Hermione blushed faintly. "Honestly, is this necessary?"

"That's okay, Hermione," Kingsley retorted. "We should all be more careful if there really is a spy," He showed them a bent coat hanger. "We're leaving in a minute, come closer."

***

As soon as they saw the burrow both Kingsley and Mel drew out their wands and pointed to the figures approaching. Hermione was back on her original body, she quickly ran towards the Harry that had to be the original one, everyone else should've turned into themselves at this point. Hermione hugged him tightly while Mel and Kingsley stood shoulder to shoulder ready to strike.

"The last words Albus Dumbledore spoke to the pair of us!" Kingsley demanded.

"Harry and Mel are the best hope we have. Trust them," Remus looked at Mel. "I assume you've checked my goddaughter?"

"She checked me," Kingsley replied. 

Mel lowered her wand and squeezed Remus in a tight hug, Kingsley pointed at Harry.

"It's him, I've checked!" Her uncle said promptly.

"All right, all right!" Kingsley growled. "But somebody betrayed us! They knew, they knew it was tonight!"

"So it seems, but apparently they did not realize that there would be seven Harrys." 

"Small comfort! Who else is back?"

"Only Harry, Hagrid, George, and me."

"What?" Mel stared at him. "All of you should've been back by now!"

"What happened to you?"

"Followed by five, we got rid of the lot," Kingsley nodded towards her. "Dumbledore's a pretty good Phoenix. Before she arrived we saw You-Know-Who as well, he joined the chase halfway through but vanished pretty quickly. Remus, he can—"

"Fly," Harry finished. "I saw him too, he came after Hagrid and me."

"So that's why he left, to follow you! I couldn't understand why he'd vanished. But what made him change targets?" 

"Harry behaved a little too kindly to Stan Shunpike," Remus explained.

Mel's eyes went to Harry, who threw a sharp glare at her uncle.

"Stan?" Hermione blinked. "But I thought he was in Azkaban?"

Kingsley laughed bitterly. "Hermione, there's obviously been a mass breakout which the Ministry has hushed up. Traver's hood fell off when I cursed him, he's supposed to be inside too."

"Dolohov and Lestrange went to my house and I'd caught them two years ago in the ministry," Mel added.

Harry approached and hugged her tightly.