Chapter Twenty-Two: The Deathly Hallows.

"Hermione!" Harry shook her shoulder.

"What's wrong?" She stirred awake slowly. "Harry? Are you all right?"

"It's okay, everything's fine. More than fine. I'm great. There's someone here."

"What do you mean? Who—?"

Her eyes landed on Mel and Ron, the boy tried to stand behind Mel, but Harry seized her by the wrist and pulled her closer to him. There was a childish glint in his eyes as he did, clearly hoping Ron would affect Hermione in a positive way, but Mel knew better than that. 

Hermione didn't even glance at Mel when she stood up and walked towards the boy. Without speaking, she started punching Ron all over.

"Ouch—ow—gerroff! What the—? Hermione—OW!"

"You—complete—arse—Ronald—Weasley!" Ron covered his face while she continued to attack him. "You—crawl—back—here—after—weeks—and—weeks— oh, where's my wand?"

She turned around wildly and her eyes landed on Mel, Harry stood in the way and pushed her behind him. 

"Protego!"

A shield appeared between Ron and Hermione, the girl fell on her butt but she quickly recovered.

"Hermione! Calm—"

"Don't finish that sentence," Mel warned him.

"I will not calm down! Give me back my wand! Give it back to me!"

"Hermione, will you please—"

"Don't you tell me what to do, Harry Potter! Don't you dare! Give it back now! And YOU!"

She pointed at Ron and Mel in anger.

"I came running after you! I called you! I begged you to come back!"

"I know," Ron said, but Mel knew he hadn't heard her. "Hermione, I'm sorry, I'm really—"

"Oh you're sorry!" She cackled, Mel could only grimace at the sound. "You come back after weeks—weeks—and you think it's all going to be all right if you just say sorry?"

"Well, what else can I say?" He argued, finally daring to defend himself.

"Oh, I don't know! Rack your brains, Ron, that should only take a couple of seconds—"

"Hermione," Harry insisted, "he just saved my—"

"I don't care! I don't care what he's done! Weeks and weeks, we could have been dead for all he knew—"

"I knew you weren't dead!" Ron stepped forward, stopping right in front of the shield. "Harry's all over the Prophet, all over the radio, they're looking for you everywhere, all these rumors and mental stories, I knew I'd hear straight off if you were dead, that and Mel's thing with the lifeline. You don't know what it's been like—"

"What it's been like for you?" Hermione asked in a high-pitched voice.

"We wanted to come back the minute we'd Disapparated, but we walked straight into a gang of Snatchers, Hermione, and we couldn't go anywhere!" 

"A gang of what?" Harry interrupted, Hermione walked away and sat down grumpily.

"Snatchers. You know, the search groups Mel told us about before, that's how they call them. They're everywhere— gangs trying to earn gold by rounding up Muggle-borns and blood traitors, there's a reward from the Ministry for everyone captured. They saw us arguing in an alleyway and chased us down. We had to run for it but they caught me and Mel stopped to help me, then..."