Chapter Three: Silence

For the first time in a week, Solar woke to silence, there was no wind blowing nit even the sound of movement outside. This had been the longest storm in his memory, he\d expected maybe three days of storm at worst.

Sighing, he pulled himself out of his nest of blankets and began to dress and pull on his warmer outside gear.

He hoped there wasn't much he had to dig out.

The door opened with a lot of force.

"Oh... fudge," Solar finally said.

His whole doorway was snow.

This, would take awhile.

Grumbling, he started chipping away at the snow.

OoOoO

Unseen by all, a dark figure flew across a world of endless white.

Snow, so it wasn't the anti-void.

A sigh was heard as the figure took in the barren landscape.

This was a thankless job.

OoOoO

"Finally!" Solar said in relief, as the snow was finally cleared away enough for him to wiggle out.

Which of course he did.

Cloudy skies and hails met him, he made a face and started looking for others.

"Sans..." he whimpered trembling.

For miles all that met his eyes as endless snow, not another cabin in site.

"Hello!" He called.

"IS ANYONE THERE!" he screamed.

No voice answered.

OoOoO

This was the last place.

At least for this AU, after all Deaths job was eternal.

Reaper sighed, feeling exhausted as always.

But he had to gather these souls, before Error arrived to delete the AU.

He didn't know why Ink kept making copies of this AU, each copy kept failing and he was pretty sure there had to be something wrong with its original for this to happen every time.

At least in the original, the local Frisk made it across the wasteland to the monster settlements to start the process of breaking the cursed magic the mages unleashed.

"Sans, please... say something," a voice cried.

Reaper froze, everything should have died in that last storm.

"Please... Papyrus.. Sans, don't leave me alone," a voice cried.

Gripping his scythe he headed towards the voice, he rubbed his forehead a bit stressed seeing a small clearly a child figure digging at the snow where a home once stood.

"Sorry kid, he won't be able to answer anymore," Reaper replied softly.

He really hated doing this.

"But..." the kid said looking up at Reaper, large golden eye lights, bones with a golden shine and golden tears flowing down his face.

"Its all there time kid, now.. how did you get here. You clearly don't belong, as my list tells me that everyone in this AU is gone now," Reaper asked curious.

"AU?" the child asked confused.

"Ah... not good," Reaper mused, the kid was clearly not from here and he wasn't suppose to take anyone not on the list but he didn't want to leave him here when error came to destroy it.

"Are you Death?" the child asked.

"Yup," He replied.

"Give them back, please give them back," the child begged.

"I wish I could, but there are no resets here," Reaper apologized.

"No," the child cried, and then hugged Reaper.

He hugged Reaper.

Reaper freaked, waiting for the other to die.

Instead the kid passed out, from exhaustion and grief.

"Right, your coming with me kid. Geno won't mind another kid about, and you'll love Goth," Reaper told the kid, a bit panicked.

He quickly grabbed the last souls and grabbed the kid, then left the AU.

He heard the sound of static as Error arrived, as the portal closed.