PART - 01

The usual jet-black sky tonight shimmered with the illuminating effect of fireworks. Every element seemed ablaze: the sky itself, the houses adorned with diyas, and even Prachi's heart, ignited with rage.

After paying the fare to the auto driver, Prachi escorted her mother inside their house. The journey from her father's mansion to Sarita Ji's house remained silent, punctuated only by her mother's audible sobs. Despite her anguish, Prachi felt powerless, knowing only her twin sister could soothe their mother's ceaseless tears.

With the support of her elder daughter, Pragya managed to walk to the dining table. However, the echoes of her younger daughter's words began to rumble in her mind, driving her to dash towards her room and break down, slamming the door shut behind her.

Sarita Ji and Shahana, eagerly awaiting Prachi and Pragya's return, stood bewildered as tears streamed down the duo's faces. Shahana, saddened by the revelation that Rhea was Prachi's twin, understood the depth of Prachi's longing. However, she also recognized that Rhea wasn't the one Prachi had yearned for all these years.

Sarita Ji found herself overwhelmed with a mix of emotions ever since Pragya revealed that Prachi and Rhea were siblings. Despite the tumultuous situation, she felt a glimmer of joy knowing that the man she had called Mr. Mehra, trying to play matchmaker between him and Pragya, was actually Pragya's husband.

Before Shahana and Sarita Ji could inquire about the cause of Pragya's tears, Prachi preempted them, recounting all that had transpired at the Mehra Mansion.

Witnessing her mother's vulnerability, Prachi couldn't contain herself and rushed to her room. Memories of her moments with Abhi flooded her mind, bringing her both happiness and a sense of belonging knowing that he was her father. She felt a special bond with him, recalling how he had always supported and protected her in times of need.

Meanwhile, Ranbir was shattered upon hearing his mother's condition. The thought of severing ties with Prachi felt like a dagger to his heart, driving him to drown his sorrows in alcohol. Aryan tried to intervene, but Ranbir was beyond reasoning, consumed by his grief.

In his inebriated state, Ranbir's phone rang, and though Aryan urged him not to answer, the mention of Prachi's name compelled him to take the call.

"Hello Ranbir," Prachi's voice pierced through the silence, a gentle beacon of concern.

"Hey," Ranbir's response was a weary murmur, weighed down by the heaviness of his emotions.

"Did you get home safely?" Her inquiry held a tender note.

"Yeah," his words were slow, drawn-out, betraying the fog of alcohol that clouded his mind.

"Have you been drinking?" Prachi's question, though gentle, cut through the haze with a touch of disappointment.

"No" his denial was feeble, his slurred speech belying the truth.

Her observation was gentle yet firm, refusing to ignore the obvious.

"Why did you turn to alcohol?" Her voice held a mix of empathy and concern, reaching out to him in his moment of vulnerability.

He sighed. His guard crumbling under the weight of his sorrow.

"I'm just... really sad," Ranbir confessed, his words heavy with the weight of his emotions.

"And what's making you so sad? Please, tell me," Prachi's plea was soft, urging him to open up.

"I can't... I don't want to burden you with my problems," Ranbir's response was tinged with regret, a reluctance to trouble her further.

"Okay, I won't push you. But promise me you'll stop drinking. I can't bear to see you like this," Prachi's request was filled with genuine concern, a plea for him to take care of himself.

"I promise," Ranbir replied solemnly, his voice tinged with remorse.

"Please, Ranbir, remember that I care about you," Prachi's words were a gentle reminder of the bond they shared.

"I know, Prachi. And I'm sorry," Ranbir's voice cracked with emotion, his heart heavy with regret.

Hearing Prachi's concern, Ranbir felt a pang of guilt wash over him. He sank back against the sofa, overwhelmed by a sense of loneliness and despair.

"Why did you call me, Prachi?" Ranbir's voice was filled with curiosity, a faint glimmer of hope amidst the darkness.

"I'll explain later. For now, just try to rest, okay? Is Aryan there with you?" Prachi's concern was palpable, a lifeline in the midst of chaos.

"Yeah, he's here. Do you want to talk to him?" Ranbir offered, his voice tinged with resignation.

"No, it's okay. Just take care of yourself, Ranbir," Prachi replied softly, her heart heavy with worry.

"Thanks, Prachi. Goodnight," Ranbir murmured, his voice laced with gratitude.

"Goodnight, Ranbir," Prachi whispered, her words carrying a silent prayer for his well-being.

"Bro, you're not in the right state to talk to Prachi. You might end up telling her the truth in this condition, and I know she won't be able to handle it," Aryan cautioned.

"I'm sorry, Prachi," Ranbir muttered before slipping into a deep sleep, his restless murmurs of apology lingering in the air.

Prachi pondered over the reason behind Ranbir's sadness. Eventually, she resolved to confront Rhea and make her understand the importance of treating her mother with respect. With determination in her heart, Prachi decided to meet Rhea at college the next day.