"Something's wrong with my back."

Todoroki's POV

The moment Izuku and I arrived, we barely had the chance to settle in before we were whisked away by Aizawa and the investigating team. It was stressful to be moving around so much, especially so early in the morning, but the case was urgent, and it needed to be addressed immediately. Izuku was sleepy, and I was even sleepier, since I had just woken up a few hours before I arrived back at the dorms. It was weird to be back, and pressuring to be rushed across UA into one of the many looming meeting rooms, but a long time ago I learnt to just go with the flow and do as other people say.

But this was about Dabi.

This was about my brother.

Following orders like a good soldier would surely get me and my family in trouble, and my relationship with my family is thin and strained enough. We really don't need any more added problems, especially when it comes down to a brother who apparently was supposed to be dead. Just thinking about the legal process and how long this case was going to take was already making me feel heaver from exhaustion.

However, I'm at least sure about one thing, and that was that Endeavour was in big trouble. Faking the death of a human being – well, not just a human being, but his own son – was enough to get him in more trouble than he was originally. The idea gave me a sick feeling of satisfaction over the situation, and the relief was evident when I thought about him getting more prison time. I know it is cruel and wrong of me to think ill of another person, especially someone who I once recognized as my own father, but he abandoned that title long ago, and is now just another man in a sea of faces.

I'm not sure when, but Izuku must have noticed the way my hands were clenching and placed his hand on my shoulder, soothing my anger and eventually slipping his hand into mine. At least, I still have Izuku.

But Izuku can't stop or protect me from some of the severe outcomes of this situation, even though he may try. My main concern though, apart from the rest of the case and my brother, was actually Katsuki. I didn't get a chance to properly sit down with him so we could discuss the issues with my family, but I wish I had the time too, because surely by now he has been told about who my brother really was. I'm sure he's angry with me, for not telling him, and for the fact that it was my brother who helped kidnap him those few months ago. I wonder what he's thinking right now, and whether or not he would be willing to forgive me for keeping this secret from him. I hoped so.

Aizawa, while obviously being sleep deprived as usual, was still somewhat alert and attentive to the going-ons, and hasn't left either mine or Izuku's side since arriving. I'm sure he's worried about us, especially since we've put him through so much, but I think he was watching over us for another and much more dangerous reason.

There might be villains hiding in the school.

It was unlikely, since the school is filled with the best heroes in all of Japan, but it was safe to take that extra precaution. We never really know what's right around the corner.

"I'm sure it will be okay, Shouto," the shorter boy soothed. "We just have to answer some questions, and then it will all be over."

It will all be over.

Bullshit.

I hummed a quiet yes as an acknowledgment, knowing that Izuku would feel embarrassed and anxious if I remained silent. In all honesty, I was in a 'fuck it' or 'make it' mood, and at the moment I was in the more dismissive state. I didn't want to be here. I don't want to talk – to explain my perspective on my brother, to lie. If I told the investigators that I tolerated my brother and had met with him before, I would definitely be in some trouble. However, growing up with a strict parent had it's perks, and at least I now know how to lie to someone's face without breaking a sweat or showing emotion. It was a talent of mine, you see, to be cold.