Memories, oh so feather light

Todoroki's POV

When they shook hands on the deal, my mind was actually blown.

I was so confused, as anyone would be, because since when was Touya friends with Hawks, and how the loving fuck did Aizawa pull this off?

Don't get me wrong, I was grateful that we now had a plan going forwards, but the revelation of Touya's childhood life that I didn't know about was shocking, and a game turner. I've personally never met Hawks before, so I didn't even realise the connection that he had to my older brother, but now that I know, I got a strong sense of relief, because with the number one hero on our side, everything was going to be okay.

Right?

But the more shocking thing is that Aizawa is going with the plan, and even helped to produce it. The last time I had talked to him about my brother, he had said that Touya was a villain despite being my family, and needed to pay for his past deeds. The teacher must have turned a new leaf in the past two weeks, though, because who knew that a fortnight later he'd be helping one of the most wanted criminals in Japan willingly.

But now that the plan was discussed and Aizawa and Touya were on the same page, I wasn't sure what we were going to do from this point onwards. Honestly, I was kind of being ignored by the two adults, which gave me the whole 'this is grown-up talk' vibe, and that I probably shouldn't be there. I was feeling left out, but it was understandable. The situation wasn't great, and in order for Aizawa to pull this off, we needed to have all hands on deck.

I guess I should just dive overboard.

"What position would I have in Hawks' special ops team?" Touya asked, finishing off the rest of my soba. I couldn't bring myself to finish the whole dish, and would have rather stopped eating it now than throwing it up later.

Aizawa had already finished his food, and was sitting with his back straight. "Hawks said that he would discuss that with you once we get back, and when you hold up your end of the deal."

Touya nodded, just like how he has for the last ten minutes of him questioning Aizawa, and obviously he was satisfied with the answers he was receiving. I was sure that over time he would begin to trust Aizawa more, but not right now.

"What happens now?" Touya asked, finished with his – my – dish. "Where do we go from this point on?"

"We need to go back to UA," Aizawa said, and Touya inhaled sharply. "I know that you wouldn't want to go back there right now, especially with the mess you left in front of the dorms, but it's only a pit stop for you. We will go back to UA to get Todoroki the proper medical attention that he needs, while you and I will meet up with Hawks. From there, we'll go back to his agency, where you will be placed under his protection, and will go through the mandatory questioning that will be required by the authorities for you to stay there."

Touya pursed his lips together and glanced in my direction. I could tell that he was uncomfortable with leaving me alone. "If I go into Hawks' protection program, when will I see Shouto again?"

Aizawa took a deep breath and relaxed slightly. "You will be able to see him again whenever you'd like after you have cooperated with us to take The League down, and when they will no longer be a threat."

Touya looked slightly frustrated and saddened at the news, but his eyes held a deep understanding. We were all walking on thin ice here, and we had to make sure that everything would go smoothly without complications if we wanted to pull this off.

Something told me that the next few weeks were going to be stressful.

"We should get going."

And so we did.