Chapter 1.5

This is the chapter dedicated to what happened on Chapter 1, in the 55 minutes timeframe. After a few minutes of silence and talking about simply on the things in front of them, Miko finally mustered up the courage to say what she always wanted to say.

"..." Miko sighed.

"Hey Ishigami, do you still like Tsubame-senpai?" Miko asked while dealing with the work in front of them.

"This is sudden. My confession was months ago."

"I still want to know, however."

Ishigami hesitates, slightly.

"I would say that I don't have feelings for her anymore."

"Why is that?" Miko can barely contain her happiness, however she also cares for him, and the fact that this is a depressing subject for him made her able to contain her positive emotions.

"There's no point in liking a person who only sees you as a friend. You would just be wasting your time at that point. And at the same time, she got a boyfriend a few weeks ago. That was when I came back to the reality of things. I'm still her friend and we still talk even now, however. I've learnt that even if you liked someone in the past, maybe a platonic relationship is better than a romantic one. The things I used to like about her, I still do, it's just that I see her more as a good friend now than a romantic partner. And now, I don't think that I want to be with her romantically anymore, especially after somethings that happened."

Ishigami smiles slightly.

"Though, I am glad that she got over her fear of romantic relationships. Guess that guy's amazing, huh."

"...Is that so?" Miko said with a slight smile on her face.

"...Yes, that's the reality of things...also, what's with the smile on your face?"

This surprised Miko, so she got up and turned around away from Ishigami.

"I just got reminded of something. Now as you excuse me, I'll be going to the bathroom."

"Wait, what about the stuff we were doing?"

"Dont worry. I'll be back in a few minutes."

A few minutes later in the bathroom...

"YEAHHHHH. THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FORRRRR!!!" Miko said while shadow boxing.

Miko remembers how bad she felt when Ishigami was first rejected by Tsubame, and thinks this situation mirrors that.

"Though, Ishigami is probably still depressed because of what had happened to him. The rejection and Tsubame-senpai getting a boyfriend? It is sounds like it is tough on him. This is nothing to celebrate." Miko said.

Miko looks in the mirror for a few minutes.

"What's wrong with me...

"...Why do I even love him? He's not even close to being my type and yet...I still liked him even though all hope was thought to be lost. Why..." Miko said while tearing up.

"Though...if I still love him even after everything, then my love must truly be deep, right? In that case, I just have to find what makes me love him..."

"sigh...what a pain...but it's also kind of exciting." Miko smiles as she was saying this.

She gets out of the bathroom and starts walking back to the student council room.

"However...it does make me slightly happy that now that he's not obsessed with her anymore, I at least have a better chance at getting closer to him."