02: Empty Desks.

Hollie and I pulled Into the school parking lot a short while after we left Aunt Jane's

We got out of our car and linked arms as we fell into step beside each other.

"Guess what Mollie, my twin sister dear?" Hollie asked playfully as we headed up the front steps of the school.

"What?"
"We are finally on time for once. Did ya know that? '' Hollie laughed as we entered the school.

" Ha ha, very funny. " I sassed as we walked to our lockers.
Wich as we liked them, we directly beside each other.

As we had our faces in our lockers, I noticed Amy & Charley talking at there lockers.

They were like, 3 lockers apart from each other's at the end of the hall.
Amy turned to walk away when Charley called after her.

" Amy!, Amy, hey wait." He called after her.
" Charley I really need to go, I have track practice after school. " She said.

" Well this will just take a second.
About the prom, I was going to ask you. I just kinda figured it was a go. You know, you, me, ill-fitting tuxedo. The hole thing." Charley said.

Amy started laughing at what he said.

" Charley, No. Nobody goes to the dance in senior year. It's so not cool." Amy said.

" Oh well, I mean yeah I knew that.." Charley tried but Amy cut him off by kissing his cheek and leaving him just standing there.

"Damn. That was cold." Hollie whispered in my ear.

''Yeah, no kidding." I mumbled back.

Charley saw us but he looked to embarrassed to speak and fled quickly to the class we shared together.

Hollie & I followed behind him and took our seats at the back left corner of the room. Our desks were, of course. Beside each other.

We waited a few minutes before the teacher came in.

Mrs. Smythe.

She shut the classroom door behind her and took her seat at her desk.

She picked up a sheet of paper and began role call.

"Nick Strayley?" She asked.

No reply.

"Nick?" She asked again.

Still no reply.

I looked over at Nick's desk and it was empty.

"Courtney Frank?"

"Here."

"Adam Johnson?"

No answer.

I looked to Adam's desk & he was a no show as well.
I couldn't believe this. Adam Johnson has been mine & Hollie's best friend since we were kids.

Bedsides Ed & Charley, Adam was really all we had as a close friend.

"Steve Danton?"

"Here."

"Matt Hofsteller?"

"Here."

"Charley Brewster?"

"Here.". Charley said.

"Mollie & Hollie Austyne?"

''Here." We both said at the same time.

"Samuel Silverman?"

No answer.

"Samuel?"

Still nothing.

Mrs. Smythe called a few more names and some were there and see weren't. After class, Hollie & I headed to our lockers again & when we got there, we saw Charley talking to Mark and Ben.
They were by far the biggest pervs in the hole school. Maybe even the world.

"How did you get that?" Charley asked Mark. They were watching some video on his phone.
Then out of the corner of my eye I saw Ed come over to Charley's little 'Group' and usher him over.

"Hey dudes I think that Ed wants to talk to us." Ben said.

"Hey can I get a minute?" Ed asked.

"Aww just the two of you. That's sweet!" Mark said sarcastically.
"Hurry, it's important Brewster."
Ed said.

Then he looked at us and said;

"Hey Austyne's. You two to." He said. Pointing at Hollie & me.

Ed pulled us over with Charley to the end of the hall.
''You guys know that Adam is Missing. Right?" Ed said.

"What do you mean Adam is Missing?" Charley asked.
"I mean I keep trying him. No texts. No phone calls. Nothing. I don't know If you three were paying attention at roll call, but he's not the only one that's missing." Ed said.

"So. Kids don't come to school. That happens all the time. What do you want me to do about it?" Charley said.

"Just please. The three of you meet me after school at his house." Ed said.

"We'll cheak around and see if he is ok." Ed said.

"I'm sorry dude. I can't. I'm busy." Charley said.
"I don't think you understand what I'm telling you. Adam's gone." Ed said.

"Dude. Do we really have to do this here?" Charley asked. Nodding towards his friends. (Mark & Ben.)

"What am I not supposed to speak to you anymore?" Ed said.

"dude." Charley said.
" Yeah. Ed, maybe he's on a trip or something." Hollie said.

" Trip my ass." Ed said. ''He is Gone!"

"Dude don't spaz out." Charley said.
"Don't spaz out? oh my god! it's so horrible! will high school as we know it cease to exist?" Ed yelled loud. On purpose.

"Ok I see. Do you really want me to tell your friends how well we really know each other?" Ed said.

I knew what he was talking about.
The 'Superhero' short videos we all 5 made as kids. Adam, Charley, Ed, Hollie & me.
Charley hated the thought that his new 'friends' would even have a chance at knowing about those.

"Ok. You don't have to go that far." Charley said.
" Then be my backup. All of y'all. " Ed said.

" Ok fine. Adam's after school. " Charley said.

" Fine. " Hollie and I said at the same time.

" Well be there. " We added.

" Don't be late. " Ed said, as we three turned and walked away.

" I won't." Charley said.

" We won't. " Hollie and I said back.

***********************************
...........................................................

Yeah!

One more down!

So what do y'all think so far?

Sorry it's a short chapter 😔😔
But I promise I'll make the next one longer 💖

Love u all & stay safe 💮🏵️🌼🌸🌺🥀🌷🌹💐🍀☘️

💙Nikki