09: No House, No Invitation.

After our little 'Chat' with Peter, we all three went and got all of the necessities that we could think of for fighting Vampires.

After our shopping trip, we drove home. Charley went straight to his house and Hollie and I, to ours.

We bounced up the stairs before mom and dad could even ask us where we had been.

"Here, Mauls, take this and seal the window with it." Hollie said as she handed me a small bottle of holy water.

I walked over to it and shut it tight.
After I locked it, I poured the holy water around every inch of it.

We hung up crosses and little rosarys. Small Bibles were tucked into every corner that we could cram them.

"Hey Mauls, come here, look." Hollie said as I finished hanging up the last of the small crosses.

"What?" I asked.

"The sun's almost down. If we're going to go over to Charley's for the night, we better go now."

"Ok." I said.
Hollie and I grabbed our clothes and other necessities and shoved them into one big duffel bag.

We made shure mom and dad knew not to take our stuff off of the walls of our bedroom.
Just to be sure we added a few extra crosses to the living room and through out the house.

"Mom we're spending the night at Charley's house!" We both yelled as we left through the front door.

The sun was completely under the hills as Hollie and I crossed the street.

Only the slightest shred of light remained visible.
"Thank God! We made it!" I whispered to Hollie as we opened Charley's front door.

"Hello girls. What are you doing over this late?" Aunt Jane asked.

"Were spending the night with Charley. As long as that's okay with you?" I asked Jane.

"Of course! You two haven't been over for a sleep over in forever.
Just don't keep up to late." Aunt Jane said. She made her way into the kitchen.

"Where's Charley?" I asked.
''His Bedroom." Jane answered.

"Thanks." We both said as we went up.

We made our way into Charley's bedroom. He was setting on his bed sharping stakes of wood.

"Finally," he sighed. "I thought you two would never get here."
"Sorry. But where here now." Hollie said.

"Here. Take this and start carving." Charley said. He handed Hollie and me the stuff to carve wooden stakes.

Charley sat on his bed and Hollie and I sat cross legged on the floor. We spent the next hour carving the stakes.
And even a few crosses.

Then Charley's bedroom door opened a little and Aunt Jane stuck her head in.

"Hey." Charley said.

"Hey" Jane said.

"The whole house looks like that old show...Dark Shadows." She said.

"Yeah, uh it's just a gag for Amy." Charley said.

Good thinking.

"Oh." Jane said.

Then we all heard the door bell ring.

Jane turned to go down to answer it.
Charley almost fell off of the bed.
"No! Mom, don't! No! Don't answer it!" Charley yelled as we all followed her.

Charley, Hollie and I all went down the stairs slowly.
Charley lead the way with a stake and cross in hand.

We turned the corner and saw Amy.