All My Friends Are Dead

Keades pov

I lay in bed feeling scared to get up.

'All my friends are dead. What's the point of getting up?' The voice in my head told me 'get close to anyone else and they'll end up six feet under'

I shook those thoughts out of my hand 'no!' I told myself 'I gotta stay positive in times like this! Everything will be fine if I just stay positive!'

With that in mind I got up and walked to the dining hall.

I sat down at an empty table. My friend group was now dead so I didn't really have anyone to sit next to but that's ok. I forced a smile on my face as I ate my food.

I left the dining hall with a fake smile on my face. I managed to force that smile throughout the rest of the day and no one saw any difference. No one except him.

Kokichi walked up to me with a smile. His face turned serious as soon as he got close.

"keade you don't have to keep forcing that smile" he said firmly.

"huh?"

"your hurting keade and lying isn't going to help you. Trust me I know. No one will think any less of you if you have a little cry"

Those work were all I needed to let my smile fade and let my tears fall. I hugged the small boy tightly as he rubbed my back reassuringly.

He's so good for me. I hope I don't lose him too.