Change

Miguel left a little bit ago and Eli decided to stay over. Which leads to Eli and I's current position. I lay on my back with Eli's head in my lap and I subconsciously play with his hair.

 I lay on my back with Eli's head in my lap and I subconsciously play with his hair

"I was so worried, Sals. I couldn't sleep. My mom said you were okay but I needed to see for myself." Eli confesses. I feel guilt crawl through me and my hand stops playing with his hair.

"I'm so sorry, Eli. Miguel told me that you wanted to come with us." I whisper to him, not making eye contact.

"It's okay, Sals." Eli says softly.

"I uh joined Miguel's dojo." I tell him timidly.

"Really? You're gonna do karate again?" Eli asks me.

"Yeah, I miss it." I say while smiling down at him. I remember the conversation with Erin and decide to ask Eli about it.

"Eli? What are we?" I ask softly and nervously.

"What do you mean?" Eli asks with confusion.

"I mean we've kissed multiple times and last time I checked, most friends don't do that." I mumble.

"I-I don't know. What do you want be?" Eli asks me gently.

"I think I want to try being boyfriend and girlfriend." I tell him with a soft smile.

"I think I want to try that too." Eli admits with a grin.

"Salem Rosetta Rhodes, will you be my girlfriend?" Eli asks while sitting up.

"Of course, Eli. But was that really necessary?" I smile at him teasingly.

"No but I wanted to do it." Eli tells me.

"Tomorrow my dad's taking me to get my first tattoo, do you maybe wanna come?" I ask Eli while intertwining our hands.

"Sure, Sal." Eli smiles at me. Eli lays back down and we enjoy the comfortable silence for awhile.

"Sal, c-can I call you baby? If not, that's ok-" Eli starts rambling so I cut him off with a kiss and Eli melts into it. This time a spark runs through me causing me to smile into the kiss. 

"I'd love for you to call me that, Eli. But I'm gonna call you bubba." I tell Eli with a grin.

"We're probably gonna get told 'finally' a lot." Eli chuckles.

"Probably." I laugh and then I yawn.

"Tired, baby?" Eli asks softly.

"Yeah." I mumble lazily. Eli moves his head from my lap to chest and wraps his arms around me after crawling under my quilt.

 Eli moves his head from my lap to chest and wraps his arms around me after crawling under my quilt