4

Miranda peaked out of her bedroom window peering down into the gardens in her back yard. The white chairs were filled with her family and her parents so called friends.

Miranda promised that she would keep it together today as much as she liked Ben as a friend. She didn't want to marry her friend. She wanted to start her life with the person she loved.

Startled out of her weary thought, she heard a soft knock at the door.
Miranda turned to see her father in his black tuxedo.

"Almost ready?" He asked looking at his daughter in awe.

Miranda gave him a light smile and walked over to him in her white raw silk trumpet mermaid chapel train off the shoulder tulle sleeveless wedding dress. It fit and defined her shape wonderfully. Her hair was curled and her long veil was pinned at the top in the back of her hair.

"Despite the situation, you look absolutely beautiful sweetheart." William said and Miranda gave him a pained smile.

Miranda watched as two of the help maids came up behind her to hold her train.

Miranda and her father waited. She didn't want bridesmaids like her mother stressed. Miranda didn't have any friends and she definitely didn't want people to pretend to be either.

She wanted a small intimate wedding and Ben and her spent hours picking out everything.

When the wedding planner gave her a go, Miranda slipped her arm into her father's. Miranda took a deep breath and on her exhale she took a step forward.

Miranda's eyes searched the ground until she reached the start of the aisle. She search for Ben's eyes. Even if she didn't want to marry him, he was her only friend and she needed some kind of comfort to calm her nerves and the swarming butterflies in her stomach.

Miranda's eyes met his and he smiled causing her to relax some. Ben was there waiting to be her husband...well fake husband or real since it's legal.

Miranda left her father's arm and she step forward stepping up to Ben to stand directly in front of him.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Miranda and Benjamin and to be witnesses and supporters of the commitment they share with one another. Together we're a group of the most important people in their lives and they've brought us here to publicly recognize that we've all played some special role in the love they share. I would like to thank you all for being here on this beautiful day to support their love for each other. I would also like to recognize those who couldn't make it here today as they are certainly missed but not forgotten on this day of celebration." The officiant began.

"Speaking of important people, there were none more important in influencing the lives of Miranda and Benjamin more so than their parents. With that being said, who gives this woman to this man?"

"Her mother and I." William answered standing.

Both Miranda and Ben had a distant look on their face as the officiant talked. "The road that brought Miranda and Benjamin here today hasn't been an easy one. It's been filled with challenges that they weren't necessarily prepared for. But together they've taken each one on and have used those experiences to strengthen, not weaken, their love. In the Bible, first Corinthians Chapter 13, Verses four through eight tells us: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

"We put together a nice wedding." Ben whispered not paying the older man any mind.

Miranda chuckled. "We most certainly did."