Hope

We were tossed into a room and the door locked. We hadn't been indoors in so long. Well, Whyk hadn't been inside since we met. I hadn't since that last night when I was human. The window had bars on it and the walls were cement. We weren't getting out. No escape.

I cried and Whyk tried to console me. He was sweet. I knew that these weres could kill us without a reason. We curled up in the corner as the door opened and the beta was back. The door closed and locked again.

"Shift." He growled.

We stared and I answered. "I can't!" My throat was so dry and rough.

"Shift." He demanded and growled. It vibrated through me.

"I don't know how!" I squeezed out. I wasn't doing this on purpose.

The beta growled as he spoke. "Shift." It vibrated the room and my body.

I felt it. It was painful too. Not something I wanted to happen. We twisted on the floor in pain as our body shifted and bones popped as they moved. When the pain subsided, I realized I was naked and scrambled to the corner. I covered myself the best I could. I stared at my hand. My hand. My pale human skin. I touched my face as tears rushed down my face.

I was human. Pale and dirty but human. I felt hair on my face. A beard. My hair was long too. I know that I looked wild. I was. I looked up at the beta.

"How'd you do that?" My voice hurt. I tried to clear my throat. Two years of trying to do that and I failed. I hadn't talked in two years either and my voice sounded foreign.

The beta bent down closer. "I'm a beta, yours I'm guessing. Hi." He was still in were form. He was very pretty. A soft brown colored silky fur and cool green eyes. Pretty and more feminine that I expected from a beta...which I don't have grounds for that reasoning. I just thought the beta would be super masculine.

I stared at the beta and Whyk was quiet.

"Hope is coming to help and I'll get you some pants. Hold on." He was out of the room and back in less than twenty seconds in human form. He handed me pants and turned around.

This felt like gym class all over again but I slid the sweats on. The material was rough on my skin. I wasn't used to clothes. My knees were shaking so I sat back down in my corner as the beta turned. There was a knock.

"Hope, come in." The beta smiled at her.

A pretty woman of Asian descent walked in and smiled at the beta. She sat closer to us and we tried to back away. My back and shoulders hit the wall kind of hard. I was shaking and was sure she was going to hurt me. This was the first time that Whyk was silent and that shook me more than the strangers.

She put her hands up. "Easy. I won't hurt you. Stay calm. I'm just going to touch your face, Sweetie."

Her voice was calming and I stayed still as she touched my face. I flinched and closed my eyes. I was waiting for some kind of pain but there was nothing but her soft hands. She was quiet for a moment. Five minutes. I lost track. No one has touched me in two years. I thought it was nice.

I could feel her in my mind but I couldn't tell what was happening. It was weird, this feeling. I could almost feel what she was seeing. I felt fear and locked up my thoughts. She opened her eyes and watched me for a moment in silence.

Hope released me with tears in her eyes. "You poor thing! I am so sorry, Sweetie!" She kissed my forehead. We were shocked. Hope stood and turned to the beta. "He's innocent of the crimes but I need to speak to the alpha."

The beta led the way and they were gone. The door locked again. I was okay with that and I was so tired. We were tired.

"I didn't see our day ending like this." Whyk joked.

"Me either. I'm sorry that I failed us! I'm tired." I yawned. We curled up and dozed off.

Enjoy, vote and Comment