A New Day

It was the next day... So I'll explain.....

We separated from the group. Alabama stayed with us along with Aden and Adair but everyone else went home. I hugged each one and thanked them for their help and kindness.

We stopped by the cemetery and put flowers by my brother's grave. Someone had found his body and he had gotten a burial two years ago. I was still a missing person.

I walked up to my old home with Tesla, hand in hand. My guards waited from a distance. I knocked on the door and waited nervously.

The door opened and my dad was there. We made eye contact and he fainted.

"Like father like son." Tesla chuckled. "Always having to carry you both!" He gathered my dad and we went inside. I just smiled at Tesla and shook my head.

The house was similar but things were different. Different paint, carpet and new pictures were added. It took a few minutes for my dad to open his eyes and stared at me. "Mars? Are you real?"

I nodded as we both broke down. We held on to each other and cried. I missed him more than I thought. It took us a while to get ourselves calmed down. We were criers apparently.

"Dad, this is Tesla. Tesla, this is my dad, Gene." I smiled at both men. My dad and Tesla were in the same room. I was so happy.

It took forever to calm Gene down and then longer to explain the whole story. My dad was shocked by the news. It was a long day but it was healing.

"So, you're leaving?" My dad looked sad.

I sighed. I didn't know how to answer that question.

Tesla sighed with me. "You have a choice, Mars. You can choose to stay with him, Whyk can return to the moon goddess and you would be human. It's something special that Whyk can do."

I stared at him. "I can be normal again?"

I saw hurt in Tesla's eyes and felt the pain from Whyk. I laughed. "Tesla! I'm yours, remember?" I smirked at him. "Baby, I'm not going anywhere without you and Whyk owes me some razors! I love my life now and I never want normal again." I turned to my very confused father. "Sorry, Dad!" Damn, it was so great to see him.

My dad nodded. I'm sure he didn't understand most of what we were saying but he didn't ask. I was sure he didn't really believe in werewolves. Who would. "So, he's good to you?"

I nodded. "Seriously, Dad. Like no other. I love him." Tesla was chuckling and Whyk was flipping me off. I couldn't feel happier at this moment. I had my friends, my mate, my were and my dad.

My dad sighed. "Good. Take care of my boy, Tesla. Please."

"Count on it, Gene and we will be visiting for holidays and birthdays. When we need a babysitter for the kids!" Tesla winked at my dad. "I haven't had a dad in a long time so if you don't mind..."

My dad hugged Tesla. "Keep taking care of my boy like you are and you have a deal, Son."

Tesla melted into the human's arms. "Thanks. And you have my word."

They exchanged numbers and talked for a while. We stayed in a hotel for the night and I slept so deep with my mate and my were. I comforted Whyk because he was sure I could choose being human and he was hurt and upset. Such a drama queen.

A/N: If you're curious, I don't have a story about Tesla's parents! I just didn't want to add more people into this story. I was trying to keep the characters to a minimum. Thanks for reading.