About Whyk

"There was a tribe of people, a long time ago. They were peaceful and prayed to their gods. They were kind and loving. They were situated on a river that was perfect for trade and enemies. A tribe from the north invaded and took over. The people that survived were forced out into the woods.

They prayed and a goddess heard their call. Their distress. It was a full moon when the goddess acted. Kytra, Goddess of Honor was her name. It's said that she teamed up with the Goddess of the moon, Tsunami. They created a spirit and sent him to the people."

I smiled. "Whyk?"

Tesla nodded.

"The spirit picked the leader and they became one. He only turned on full moons or when his people were threatened. He led the battle that ended the tyranny and sent the intruders packing. Through the years, as he married and had children, his children were gifted with a wolf spirit as well."

"Years and generations followed, and the town prospered, grew and the children of his children spread into a race. A species. Werewolves were born. And here we are today."

I smiled. Whyk told me a story kind of like that, in more detail. There was one night when we first turned during a thunderstorm, Whyk told me that story. It kept me calm.

Tesla pulled me with him as we walked. "After three hundred years of guarding, Whyk left. His spirit was sent back to the moon goddess. The gods honored him and promised to send his spirit back to us when he was needed."

"He only choses a man that is honorable, a fierce warrior or a leader. It's said that when a human is in distress our mother, or goddess, will send a were to help. A werewolf spirit is sent for guidance and protection. They are sent if there is a great need and Whyk hasn't been heard of in three centuries." The alpha was watching me.

"Whyk said he never had a mate." I croaked out. I knew he was always looking. I knew that he would stay if he found one. I knew there were requirements.

Tesla smiled a sexy smile at me and Whyk melted.

"Whyk told me that story." I stated and rubbed the outside of my throat. It was so sore. "He loves stories." I cleared my throat.

Tesla inhaled. "I don't have a mate." He said out of nowhere.

Whyk was cheering.

"Whyk says he never found his mate." I watched Tesla smile just a little. "Said he's been hunting..." I needed a drink of water.

"For a while, I would imagine." Tesla smiled at me. Us. He smiled at us and we both melted.

I had to ask Whyk. "Is that you from the stories? You're the same Whyk?"

Whyk nodded.

"Do you remember?" I had to ask.

Whyk smiled. "Of course. I'm with you now though. We are the perfect match, Mars. More perfect than the others and if I find my mate, I can stay with you."

"I don't understand?" I didn't.

Tesla watched me. "Does he talk to you a lot?"

I nodded. "He likes me." I smiled.

"What's not to like, Mars." Tesla smiled at me and made me blush.

Whyk was dancing and he was bad at it. He was waving his paws and clapping. "He likes us! He's flirting!"

I chuckled at him out loud. I probably looked crazy. I saw Tesla raise a sexy eyebrow. Trust me on this one. It was sexy. "Whyk likes you and said you're..." I cleared my throat. "Flirting."

Tesla smiled at me again. "I'm trying not to." Our walk ended at the pack house. He walked us back to our room and said goodnight. He almost ran away. 

Enjoy