09

The woman had gone silent as she stared down at the floorboards, her hand slowly levitating before ending up on her hip.

Minji's eyebrows had furrowed as she kept starring at her mother with a look of confusion & anger, refusing the urge to stomp her foot down onto the floor & shout:
- I said - what were you doing in my room?

- Nothing.

- Don't lie to me. You don't just go into my room without a purpose. You always try to find something in there!

The mother looked up at Minji, annoyed & irritated with her daughter, although seemingly not having the strength to fully yell at the girl.

- I told you to stop talking with that boy, and you didn't listen. What is wrong with you?! - she shouted while showing her daughter's phone with the text messages from Minho.

Minji's eyes had widened. All she could do was simply stare in shock & disbelief. She knew her mother had never given her enough privacy, to begin with, but doing something like this?

- YOU WENT THROUGH MY PHONE?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! - Minji exclaimed, rage fuelling her body.

That refusal to not yell had evaporated into nothing once Minji had seen the entire situation.

Sure, there had been multiple times where her phone's been taken away or times where her mother had asked to look through it, yet it was always done with letting the other person know of what was about to happen.

Without any warnings, it had scared Minji to see what secrets her mum might uncover through a simple code.

The girl had rushed over to her mother, roughly grabbing, almost ripping the device out of her hand, only to be pushed & harshly slapped in the face:
- Of course, I did! What mother wouldn't?!

- A fucking sane one!

The fiery feeling on Minji's cheek quickly expanded as the pain danced on her skin, feeling the full ignite of it.

- Don't you raise your voice or curse at me! And don't try to change the topic either! I ordered you to stop seeing that guy, and you just go behind my back and forget what to say! Don't you remember the warning I gave you?!

- Obviously, I do!

The mother rushed over to the fridge & had grabbed the official documents of Minji's dance academy, holding as her hands had somewhat ruffled up the paper:
- I will tear these pa-

- THEN FUCKING DO IT! SEE IF FUCKING CARE!

The woman had gone silent. There were no more words to say to the girl. There was nothing left. There was nothing that could possibly ever so slightly fix & cover up the holes in their relationship.

Threats were threats. Some people really did mean them, some didn't.

Her hand had gradually come down as she placed the papers near the kitchen sink, still not losing the fierce eye contact between her & her daughter.

- Minji, what has got into you?

- YOU HAVE GOT TO ME! IT'S YOU THAT'S IN THE WRONG!

- Minji, that's enou-

- WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME THIS IS ENOUGH?! JUST- SHUT UP!

Dear lord, no one could ever tell that Minji had this might to utter such, what others may see, as filthy words.

Minji's temper was slowly calming down, yet the rage wasn't gone. It was always there. She just knew how to cover it up. Yet that facade had disappeared. Now, it was gradually transforming itself into tears.