15

The path Jiwoo had been going had seemed quite familiar to Minji, although she just couldn't quite pinpoint where she had seen this path or when she went on it. Yet, it had all looked & felt so nostalgic for some reason. Even though it seemed like she'd walked here only once, it was a walk that was filled with memories. A walk she refused to forget.

That's when it had popped into Minji's mind where this track led to.

The privately-owned home by Seungmin's family. Minji & Minho had been greeted there by Hyunjin.

A feeling of overwhelming stress had suddenly ambushed Minji's body, making the girl stumble backwards, almost slip on ice as she had realised where she was going. She refused to go any further.

Jiwoo had glanced back before turning her heel backwards, a bit confused by Minji's sudden actions.

- Minji? Why'd you stop?

- I-I'm sorry, Jiwoo. I don't want to go see them. I don't want him to see me like this. Don't you think it's a little too soon for that?

Jiwoo frowned as she bit her lip:
- I understand, Minji, but then, I don't know where else to take you to.

- How about your home?

- I-I'm sorry, I wish I could, but my parents are having guests right now, and it would be even worse if I'd bring you over since you know who really hates people like me.

How could this have been the only option the two girls had? Wasn't there anything more?

- Minji... - Jiwoo cooed as she hugged the girl. - I understand it hurts, I understand how you don't want to show this side of yourself, but sometimes, you just have to do it, whether you like it or not. I... I don't want to force you to open up, but things won't get any better if you try and hide them. It'll just cause you even more pain.

Minji had sniffled as she bore into this reality, denying Jiwoo's words in her mind, still refusing to accept the fact that she was the one who needed help.

- Why? Why am I like this? This is just so... so embarrassing.

- It's because your human, Minji. Everyone has breakdowns, everyone cries, even if they might not show it. They still do. I also felt embarrassed when I came out to my parents, I also felt ashamed. I also didn't feel normal like everybody else. And that's not okay. You should never feel sorry for who you are. There will be people out there who will laugh at you, who will make fun of you, but there will also be people who will accept you as who you are without question. We're all just mindless humans walking on this planet, trying to find logic in things, Minji.

The girl had felt her heartbeat slow down, Minji's mind becoming fuzzy, almost static-like as she had listened to Jiwoo's gentle voice speak.

It felt like a long poem had been recited into Minji's ears once Jiwoo had stopped talking. She always had such a way with words. Minji had never understood how one had managed to bring complex thoughts out of one's mind into words.

It felt good.

It felt calming, strangely relaxing even.

- Do you think we can go now?

Minji had left Jiwoo's embrace, still holding hands with her while now feeling a bit more soothed:

- Yeah, I think so.

- Alright, come on then, let's go. - Jiwoo had flashed Minji a soft smile as she held her hand close to her chest.

...

The girls were greeted at the door by a smiley-faced Seungmin. They went inside & took off their coats, heading down into the basement where the rest were, practising for the special occasion that'll be happening tonight.

---
Oh shit-. - Minji thought as she remembered what day today had been.
---

Minho had swiftly walked over to Minji, very happy to see her, yet his smile had quickly faded into nothing, but a sad frown as he noticed Minji's slight blood-shot eyes & puffed-up face that Minji oh-so desperately tried to hide.

- Minji? Were you crying?

Minji had shyly turned away. A little shy, she had smiled before waving with her hand, gesturing to not look or pay attention to her face.

- Maybe yes? Maybe no? - she replied in a humorous tone.

- You know, it's okay to talk about these things. I'll be here to listen if anything's up.

---
Okay, shut up. I'm trying not to cry here right now. - Minji had thought, trying to come up with an explanation.
---

- WELl, there's just been a lOt of things going on, and I got it out of my system a few minutes ago sOo I don't think it would do anything if I just sat down here and told you everything.

Minho glanced at her, a bit worried:

- Alright then, I understand. Again, if anything's up, tell me, okay?

Instead of a threatening response, Minji was expecting to receive, due to some bad experiences, Minho's words had felt anything but that. If anything, she felt more-so reassured than anything.

---
OKAYTHANKGODIDIDN'TCRY.MISSIONFUCKINGACCOMPLISHED.
---

- Just know that you can talk to me when things get rough. - Minho exclaimed as he walked towards Minji.

- Okay, okay, thanks, I know~.

The conversation had quickly ended as Seungmin & the rest of the group found their way towards Minho & Minji. Felix had a smug look on his face as he had almost caught the two hugging each other. Almost.

- There are only about two hours left before the show starts? - Changbin asked as he propped himself onto the sofa.

- Yeah, we should probably start getting ready for that.

---
Well shit-
---

Minji face-palmed herself hard, even stumbling backwards a little due to how hard her motion was.

- What's wrong, Minji?

- I... I don't, kind of, have clothes or anything at that... to prepare myself for the stage. - she shyly yet frustratedly admitted.

---
Thanks a lot, mum, for that. What an MVP you truly are.
---

- That's alright, you can just borrow and then return something from us. - Jiwoo exclaimed, seemingly unbothered by the situation.

- Yeah, we're okay with that. - Jisung added.

Minji had stared at Jiwoo with a surprised face, shocked at how easily they would let their stuff be borrowed. The girl either had trust issues, or people were simply too nice to her. Maybe they had just done a genuine friendly gesture. Either way, both were strange things.

...

The actual outfit was simple enough to be placed into a modern art gallery, yet still feeling complex enough to be worn at such an event like tonight's shows at both schools.

It was a plain, long-sleeved, white, button-up shirt which's middle had been covered by a black-tie with black jeans that had fitted Minji quite & a belt to snatch the girl's waist just a tiny bit. Seeing how Minji decided to wear those clothes had complimented her proportions very nicely. Her figure as a whole had seemed something pleasing to see during a performance.

As plain as the outfit was, it was a pretty attire as it made her black bracelet stand out.

The clothes weren't much, but they were definetly enough for the performance.

All of the stars aligned for Minji so perfectly. There was only one thing that could possibly go wrong...