Chapter 13

Almost two months after the engagement, Miranda sat on the couch with color palettes and layouts for both their wedding and their new house. Ben sat right beside her and half-listened while he watched the game.

"I don't know I just think the cream goes well with our accent color babe. Oh, and the realtor called me earlier, we can go see that house on Harbor Street tomorrow at 11 am please make sure you're on time and let me know if get a call and can't come. Ben, are you even listening to me?" She said looking at him amid her words.

Ben's eyes were glued to the TV and he was just listening for his name.

"Yeah, I heard you. You said the  colors don't go together and to call about the house on Harbor." He said

"No that's not what I said. Benjamin Warren I'd like it if my life partner would participate in these important things." She said hitting him with her binder.

"Miranda I told you I like whatever you like. Just tell me where and when to show up. I trust your judgment. It's your wedding I'm just your plus one to the event." Ben said taking her hand.

"Ben, I just want this to be something for us. Something we'll do together, it's our marriage. These memories are going to last us forever so you should be a part of them. Ben, I can't plan the entire wedding and our move by myself. I need your help." She said looking at all the ideas and planning supplies that she had.

"It's beginning to feel overwhelming and I thought I'd have help from you but I don't. I just really need some help." She said sighing beginning to feel her emotions take over.

"Hey hey hey, don't cry. I'm sorry for not pitching in, I just thought you'd want to handle everything so it'd be perfect. Whatever you need me to do, hell if you want me to model bridesmaids dresses for you I will. You know I look good in silk. As long as the color doesn't clash with my eyes." He said trying to throw in a joke to make her feel better.

"I hate you so much but thank you. I just have so many ideas that I want to incorporate, I don't want a big wedding but a want unique wedding. Maybe incorporate really pretty flowers and jewels to give it a flare or a pop of color. I want there to be a dress code for the guest, they have to wear black or white because they have to match the decorations. If they don't follow the dress code they can't come, it's my day and I don't care who it is. Ben maybe you can help decide the food wait should we have food or just do small dishes because the reception won't be long. I mean maybe an hour or two but the ceremony definitely won't be more than an hour. I also think that...you know what let me calm down. Maybe I'm just thinking too much, maybe we just do something simple. Simple yet elegant." She rambled

"You know I tried to listen but I got lost somewhere between the flowers and dress code how about I just give you my credit card and I call Callie to help you with the wedding. I'll handle the move and the house hunting. I'll come to you for big decisions but I want you to focus on the wedding and make it perfect." Ben said taking her hand.

Pouting her lip, she gave in.
"So maybe if we push back the wedding until after the move we can have a little bit more time to plan everything. I don't want the wedding to be rushed. I want it to be perfect for us baby." Miranda said raising her eyebrow.

"Sounds like a plan. Now as for the houses we've been looking at they all have 5 bedrooms, can I ask what exactly we're going to do with all of that space?" Ben responded pulling Miranda's feet into his lap. He had a thing where she had to be touching him at all times.

"Well we need a guest room, maybe an office or something, and maybe we'll need the room for a new addition."
She said inquiring about children. They had never discussed it but it was something that she wanted with all her heart.