Chapter 21: Blurred Memories

I could not recall anything except that I was knocked out by a figure of some sort. I began seeing visions that weren't clear, almost as if they were intentionally blurred. In the first vision, I was at my school, Cobra High, with my best friend Christine. We seemed to be sitting at a table squealing over Len Kagamine, a character from the Vocaloid franchise. All was well until Riley Sanders, my worst frenemy, appeared. "You're seriously drooling over Len!?" Riley snapped at me. "He's not real, so grow up!" She then strutted away, cackling with all her might. I remembered being very depressed that day because she had made fun of my love for Len. To make matters worse, that was also the day I proceeded to hide my love for anime from the rest of the world.

The next vision appeared before me in the form of phrases and words. Try harder! Try harder! You're not trying hard enough! Just give up already! Stop trying! You're not doing enough! You're so out of place! The words said one by one. I wanted to scream, but then I came to the realization that no one could hear me, for this was my vision. I now thought of myself, Mimi Anderson, as a disappointment. I had failed Rosalina, my good mentor, who told me to be careful in the beginning, but I refused to listen. I let down Pit, the smiley angel who told me to be positive when the going got tough. I was now a mockery to Dark Pit, his laughter echoing in my mind. Worst of all, I was most likely forgotten by my beloved, Ash Ketchum, and my noble soldier, N harmonia.

Just when I thought all was lost, the words from the previous vision reappeared, but this time they were altered. You are enough! You've tried your best! Don't worry! Keep trying! It's okay, you'll be okay! You're special! Don't give up! You're in the right place! Positive words of affirmation seemed to fly across me in my vision, but there was a certain phrase that seemed to trigger tears in me. It read: nobody hates you; you will always be loved by someone no matter what. You will find your purpose eventually. I started to cry and cry and cry until I could cry no more. I was finally understood. I finally understood what it meant to be loved and cherished. "I'm special, I am loved; I am cherished," I repeated to myself. "Now, I have to find a way to wake myself up!" I began to scream and scream and scream, until finally, I gasped for breath, and was able to regain consciousness after taking a deep breath. I could see the world again! I looked around at my environment and screamed. What was I doing upside-down hanging above a bubbling cauldron? Was someone trying to eat me for dinner? Or rather... "Am I right side up?" I thought to myself. "Wait. The floor is the ceiling and the ceiling is the floor? Where am I?!" I immediately felt my pocket and pulled out the sword that Rosalina had given me. I cut the rope using the sword very carefully and began to fall towards my doom. I screeched. "This is it. This is where I die!" I cried as I fell into someone's arms. "What do you mean? A beautiful angel like you can't die!" A voice exclaimed as I opened my eyes. Pit was holding me in his arms. "You okay?" he asked. "I'm alright," I reply, "but where is everyone else?" "Over there!" the angel exclaimed. He then preceded to fly to where the others were.