Chapter 74: THE FINAL WORD (Vol. 8 end)

The scene first shows Monstra's corpse is shown to still be dissolving. In a spot on the carcass, black smoke and goo reform a certain figure...

*VERGIL*

Down in the Atlas Vault, Vergil, Winter, and Jeanne were in a four way fight with Mundus. They used their various weapons and skills, but it was clear that the fight before was nothing compared to this.

Mundus: I'll admit, you're not bad for a human, Schnee. (Fires cannon and they dodge) you would've made an excellent Maiden under my rule.

Winter: shut up! I'm sick of your nonsense!

Vergil: anyone under your rule is no more but a slave.

Mundus: and what of you? You were once my greatest knight. A true devil. Look at you now—a being with nothing but weakness left.

Vergil: you're gonna talk, or kneel before me, false king?

That got him mad as he attacks more, and they resulted in using their stronger moves as well.

*DVNT*

Back in the pocket dimension, things weren't getting better. Weiss and the maidens were fighting against Cinder, Ruby and Blake were going toe to toe with Neo, Nero and Jaune were helping Nora evacuate while fighting demons, and DVNT tried to escape to help, but were being endlessly assaulted by monsters while stuck in Limbo. The team was now back to back as they try to find Loptr.

Mimir: I hate to be a stickler, but this might be one fight where we can't win, team.

Dean: we don't have to. We just need to hold them off long enough for the others to get out.

Loptr: (offscreen) they could, if it weren't for my coworker's lackeys.

Nikki: why work with Salem? What do you get from this?

Loptr: (offscreen) world destruction, love. She wants to die, Mundus and I want to burn the whole world.

Vali: where is he?

In the real world.

Penny: Weiss, all she ever wanted was the Maiden power. I can buy you all time.

Weiss: but, Penny...

Suddenly, Weiss is struck in the back by a fireball, causing her Queen Lancer summon to disappear. They fall onto one of the platforms, both of their Auras flicker. Cinder lands nearby and smirks evilly. Penny gasps as Cinder looks to Weiss, the Staff of Creation next to her. Penny suddenly gets up and blocks her path.

Penny: I'm right here! I'm what you want!

Cinder: I want it all...

Týra: no, Penny! Don't fight her! She means to kill you!

Dean: (sees him) there!

He fires Lucifer at him, but he barely dodged it as they fight again. With Cinder, she flies right to them, but is knocked away as Kasumi punches her while she has Gilgamesh. The force knocks her back as she turns to Weiss.

Kasumi: get up!

Weiss does so, grabbing Myrtenaster and the Staff. She then runs off as she, Penny, and Ember face Cinder, their weapons at the ready.

*DANTE*

With Dante, he was helping Qrow and Bayonetta fight Harriet

Qrow: you're making a mistake, Harriet! What happened to Clover, I blame--

Harriet: (growls) shut up ALREADY!!

Harriet then turns around and uses her speed Semblance to cut the straps holding the bomb in place, and then jumping to tilt the airship. The bomb starts to slide towards the open cargo door, but Bayonetta just uses one of her spirits to hold it in place.