Chapter 11

🐺HADES PIERSON🐺

Watching Jade sleep was kind of therapeutic for me.
I was itching to touch her soft curly hair.
She has this little tic when she sleeps which I find very cute. She blinks her left eyelid.

All of a sudden, Jade yawned which was contagious as I also yawned, I tried blinking the sleep away but the day has really been tiring, from paperwork to trying to understand the incidence that happened between Lucas and Jade and also thinking up strategies to protect our pack..... I slept off like a light.

I woke up and saw Jade still sleeping. She must've been really tired than she let on. I need to know what happened and how she got to the territory. Uncle John refused to give me details. He was very unconcerned when I told him Jade was at the hospital, he said she was very weak and it was better she stayed with us.

"What are you looking at?" Jade asked opening her eyes all of a sudden.
"Nothing" I said.

"Oh, I told John Black you have to stay here for a few days" I told her the lie so she wouldn't feel bad. I really don't know why John Black is behaving this way. His behavior is really concretizing the speculations that he's the Red Rouges leader.

"Why do I need to stay here?" She asked, looking at me dubiously.
"For starters, Jeanine is coming and John Black thinks it would be nice to mingle with your peers" I finished. That should be able to satisfy her curiosity, I hope.

Jade sighed and looked at me "You don't have to lie, Uncle John would never suggest this"

Thinking about it, John Black might actually have been mistreating the girls. I thought back to the weeks after the tragic incident that occurred. I noticed Jade and Jeanine were sadder than usual but I thought it was grief as I was coping with mine too. But after I finally got better as I could be, Jade and Jeanine were still sad, infact they were always together like it was just them both against the world.

Thinking back, they always flinched anytime anyone shouted. I'm such a fool for not noticing sooner. To this day, Jade can't stand any form of violence, another reason why her uncle didn't want her in the pack. What if he was just hiding them in the pretext of protecting them?
What if he was the one they needed protection from?

"Jade........" I paused
"Yes?" She replied.
"Never mind " I said. I don't want to remind her about any painful incident.

"Hades, you need to tell me all that's happening. You told me about my parents and all but I don't fully understand the concept of werewolves and why our families were attacked" she finished.

I guess since she knows about werewolves, I just have to come clean about everything. Sighing, I decided to tell her about everything from the very beginning.

"A very long time ago, in a village called Yopa, the inhabitants were friendly and nice to one another. Everyone knew each other and peace reigned until the Drogons appeared. The Drogons were the complete opposite of the Yopa people, everywhere they went to was filled with bloodshed."

"The Drogons always destroyed villages, take over the villages and when they were tired, they moved to conquer other untouched villages. The Moongoddess saw this, took pity on the Yopa people and decided to bless them with heightened speed, strength, great eyesight in the dark, great hearing and other heightened senses."

"There had to be a balance so the Yopa people wouldn't misuse the ability, they had to face the horror of the first shift and they were vulnerable to Silver. The Moongoddess decided to name them Werewolves." I finished.

"Woooow, so you're a descendant of the Yopa people? " Jade asked.

"Yes, I am and so are you to an extent" I said. Jade frowned at me in question.