Chapter 14

🌼JADE COLLINS🌼

"What?" I stepped back in shock.
Are these guys kidding me? First it was Ronan who decided to give me the cold shoulder before telling me he liked me and Hades also did the same.

"I really like you Jade" Hades repeated softly this time.
"But why were you ignoring me then? Am I so disgusting that you couldn't seem to wrap your head around your feelings? ".

"Jad.. n.... what?" Hades blinked and shook his head. If I didn't know better, I would've said he was confused.

"Don't act like I'm not right, Ronan also tried this tactic and I dismissed him_"

Hades looked relieved but changed the emotion on his face almost immediately.
"Jade, I wasn't ignoring you..... I was......... I was......." Hades The Great was stammering. I can't believe this.

Hades scratched the back of his neck and mumbled "Iwasshy".
"Ummm Hades, you need to speak up for me to hear you" I said slowly.

He sighed "I was shy Jade and I didn't like the way Lucas was hovering around you but I couldn't do anything about it because you're the most comfortable when you're at the pack house with him as I'm always busy with pack business." He finished.

"Are you happy now?" He asked.

This revelation was huge. I still found it hard to believe Hades because it was a funny way to expressing his feelings. Thinking about it though, he was right, I was only comfortable with Lucas around me anytime none of my friends were around the pack house.

I bowed my head suddenly shy, smiling. But it was short lived as I remembered we couldn't be together.
"But Hades, this cannot work between us. You have a mate. This isn't real" I said sadly.
Hades rubbed his face and sighed "Jade, believe me, this is real. I just don't know what I'm going to do. All I know is that I like you, my wolf likes you"

"Hades......." I said looking up at him. He wouldn't feel this way anymore when he gets his mate. I sighed recalling my dream where I was all alone.

I decided to change the subject of discussion for the time being.
"You said you weren't angry at me, why did you just leave the packhouse the day Jeanine came back?"

"Okay, I was jealous that you and Lucas got so close within a shortwhile and I was about shifting into my wolf. I thought it would've been too scary for you to see my wolf for the first time in that state" He explained.

"Ohhhh" I replied
"Can I see your wolf" I asked
"Are you sure you want to see him?" Hades asked me
I nodded.

All of a sudden Hades started stripping.
"What are you doing?" I asked averting my eyes.

"What am I doing?" Hades asked.
"I'm stripping. Unless you would like to see me walk back home naked with you which I don't mind by the way. If I shift with clothes on, they get ripped" He explained.

I heard bones crack behind me and felt something nudge my back. I turned and saw Hades in his wolf form reaching my chest. His wolf started licking my face making me giggle in the process.

His fur was pitch black and his eyes were a fascinating colour of red.
His wolf nudged me and ran into the forest behind the school.
We played around till Hades went stiff all of a sudden and shifted.

I screamed and turned my face away from his very naked body.
"Hades, you could've given me a heads up" I said.

"Jade, we have to leave right now" Hades, said coming to my view.
"What, please wear your clothes" I replied.

"This isn't the time for this" He snapped at me, shocking me.
"We need to get to the hospital " He said softly. "Jeanine was attacked"

"What, how, when, how do you know that? " I was already rambling, facing Hades, forgetting he was naked. We quickly rushed back to his car and he wore his clothes.