Chapter 8

🌼JADE COLLINS🌼

Jeanine looks at me, at loss of words. She looked at the door where her father walked out and looked back at me. I could see she was visibly battling on whether to tell me what I needed to know or to not tell me and that made me angrier.

"Jeanine, what the hell is going on?" I asked calmly this time.
"I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you, I really really wanted to tell you but they wouldn't let me" Jeanine said with tears in her eyes.

"What is stopping you Jeanine? These are my parents we're talking about. I deserve to know. I have the right to know what happened to my parents Jeanine" I said a bit louder and firmly.

Jeanine sighed and sat down. She motioned me to sit too "You might want to sit down for this".
I sat down already scared of what I've not heard.

"Your parents and my mother were murdered" she said going straight to the point.

I gasped in shock. "Wh__ what? " I stammered.
"Who killed them?" I asked, already in tears.

"We don't know, but we suspect they were killed by rogues" I looked at her in confusion. Who is rogues?

I looked at her expecting her to answer my unspoken question which she obviously didn't know so I spoke up. "Who is Rogues?"

"Not who, what. They're werewolves that display outright aggression or a certain type of evil so intense that they're banished from the pack".

"What are you talking about?" I blurted in confusion.

"Jade, I'm sure you've read books about werewolves. While you might think the books are fictional, which of course they are I mean why would a werewolf only shift during the full moon, sure our emotions are heightened and all, we can shift anytime we want". Jeanine finished.

Wait, what. "You're a werewolf? " I asked Jeanine. "Not quite, I'm a hybrid because our mum are humans and dads are werewolves but my wolf is dominant so I can shift partially bu-"

"WHAT!!!!!, Please I need sometime to myself" I excused myself from the conversation Jeanine was having with herself because I refuse to believe the nonsense I just heard.

Stomping out of the basement and out of the house. I walked towards the forest path where we took to and fro school sometimes when we didn't have a ride.

Sure, I've read books but can Jeanine actually be right? It actually goes with the narrative that my parents and aunt were killed by rogues. I thought they died in an accident. I thought I was the reason they were killed. I started crying not knowing the reason why I was crying. They were killed just like that, rogues.

Sniffing, I kept on walking till I walked into an unknown path and couldn't figure my way out.
I know this might seem cliche, I just got to know how my parents died (not quite though cause I didn't wait for Jeanine to complete the story). And now, I'm out in the middle of nowhere. What if a rogue comes to kill me too? Ughhhhh, I'm very stupid. What if I starve to death?

I heard a rustle by a bush and suddenly, a wolf jumped out. Okay now, this isn't funny. I was hoping it was my paranoia that came to play but unfortunately, it wasn't.

Suddenly the wolf started shaking furiously and I heard cracks like bones were been broken. I gasped. This isn't a wolf, it's a werewolf.
The werewolf was shifting according to the movies and books I've seen. My heart was steadily leaving my chest by this time. After the werewolf shifted, I discovered he was actually injured.

He was clearly in pains and I didn't know what to do. Blood was gushing out of his stomach.
He gestured towards me to run. I can't leave him this way. A knife was stuck on his stomach.
"I can't leave a dying person, I'm going to call an ambulance " I said frantically looking for my phone. Shoot, I left it at home.

"What are we going to do?" I asked him, kneeling by his side. By this time, he was already gurgling in his blood.
He gestured towards me to remove the knife.

"Are you sure we wouldn't wait for the paramedics to remove the knife?" I got no response just continued gestures to remove the knife. There's no way I can contact anyone right now so I think I have to remove the knife. But what if it comes out puncturing his organs. Ughhhhhhh.

"SOMEBODY HELP!" I shouted. I continued shouting and after some seconds of no reply I decided to remove the knife. The guy is dying and I need to help him. Thankfully I was wearing a jacket over my workout outfit, I would use that to stop the bleeding.

"Okay, I'm pulling the knife out now on 3. One, Two" and I pulled the knife out immediately. And the guy screamed. I really didn't know what to do at this point. I immediately removed my jacket and squeezed it to put on on his injury. After some minutes, I told him to hold onto the jacket as I was going to look for help. He pulled me back down and shook his head. He was surprisingly strong for someone that just got stabbed, oh, he's a werewolf.

Ughhhh, he's naked. I guess I didn't notice because of the obvious priority of not leaving him to die before. We really need to call an ambulance.

"Do you have a phone with you?" I asked the guy and he rolled his eyes at me in answer. Oh, yeah, he's naked.

"What are we going to do?" I said getting worried.

"If I didn't know better, I would say you are not a werewolf with all your questions and mannerisms but you smell like a wolf but not quite" The guy suddenly started speaking like he wasn't injured. Standing up without my jacket, I noticed the injury already healed up.

At this point. All these information was quite a lot for me to handle and I guess my brain needed to shut down because I suddenly saw black and heard the guy shouting "LITTLE GIRL" till his voice faded in the distance.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Sorry guys, this is a short chapter.
What do you think is going to happen to Jade?
Is the werewolf a rogue?

 What do you think is going to happen to Jade?Is the werewolf a rogue?