Part 17

In the end, Damon decided they'd go to Prague because he had heard from Nadia that it was a beautiful place.
'Prague? As in the Czech Republic?' Bonnie was surprised.
'Why not? Weren't the travellers from there, after all? That place must be full of magic... and romance,' he added with a roguish smile. 'You know what, I'll take you out for dinner, and we'll go on a real date.'
'Really?' smiled Bonnie.
'I think we finally deserve it,' he chuckled.
'OK. Prague it is,' agreed Bonnie, and they headed to the airport. The plane was taking off in several hours, so they had to wait, but they didn't mind that too much; they talked a lot, joked and laughed more than ever before.
In Prague, they got (with the help of Damon's compelling powers) accommodated in a luxurious hotel right in the city centre, which Bonnie was thrilled with. Damon put on a shirt and black trousers and went to the restaurant downstairs to get a table, which gave Bonnie time for preparations. She threw on a smashing black dress and put on a gold necklace, grateful for having brought these with her in case.
'You look beautiful,' he complimented her when she sat down at the table.
'Thank you,' she accepted it with a smile.
'I've already ordered champagne,' Damon pointed at the glasses in front of them.
'So what do we drink to?' smiled Bonnie and raised hers in the air. 'Our bright future?' she joked.
Damon twitched. 'More like to the bright present,' he changed it a little, and he raised his glass too.
Bonnie put hers back on the table, irritated. 'What's that supposed to mean?'
'Well...' Damon hesitated. 'Aren't we having a wonderful time right now?'
'Sure, but... can't you imagine a future with me? Do you still see Elena in it or what?' she asked annoyedly.
'Bonnie,' he said impatiently. 'We've worked that out already. You need to stop being jealous of her. It's completely irrational.'
'You can't get her out of your head, so stop lying to me,' she daggered him with a look and stood up.
'Wait, where are you going? This is supposed to be a date.'
'I'm not hungry anymore,' she stated. 'I'm tired; I'm going to bed. But you go ahead and help yourself. Bon appetite,' she wished him and left.