Part 6

During lunch, which Damon really nailed, Bonnie pulled out a textbook, which irritated him. 'You're not going to study now, are you? You have to enjoy the perfect meal!' he grinned.
'It's delicious,' she complimented him quickly. 'But I really have to learn this...'
'Give it to me,' Damon challenged her. 'No studying while eating, it's rude towards the host.'
Bonnie smiled, but she did hand him the textbook. Damon curiously looked into it for a moment, but then he put it on a chair next to him, annoyed. 'Boring, boring, boring,' he commented on it, and he pretended a yawn.
'I know,' Bonnie admitted, and she drank a little juice from the glass.
'So why don't you simply jack it in?'
'What?'
'No, seriously. Why don't you just drop college?'
Bonnie shrugged. 'Going to college was my dream already when I was a child.'
'But you're not a child anymore, Bon Bon. And you're not an ordinary girl either. You're a witch. And you can go wherever you want.'
'What are you talking about?'
Flames of excitement suddenly appeared in Damon's blue eyes. 'I've been thinking about what you said this morning in the supermarket. About the paradox of staying here, at the same place.'
'And together,' Bonnie added.
'That's not the problem,' he shook his head. 'You are annoying, but surprisingly, I've kind of got used to that already,' he grinned at her. She rolled her eyes. 'I've got an idea... How about we just pack our stuff and get out of here? We can travel the whole world. Where would you like to go, huh?'
'Are you serious?' Bonnie goggled at him. 
'And why not? I've only been staying in Mystic Falls because of Elena, who's gone, and Stefan, who's spending all the time with that blonde vampire who stole Elena's crown.'
'Her name's Caroline. And she didn't steal anything.'
'Right. So what do you say?'
She had to think it through. She had to consider all the pros and cons... Well, how many cons did she find? None.
'I'm in!' she replied.
This was going to be fun!