Part 25

Damon bit his hand and let the almost dead girl, who was lying on the ground under the mass of bodies that had already lost even the last signs of life, drink his blood. At first, she was choking on it a bit, but then she sucked it thirstily until Damon pulled his hand out of her reach and said with a frown: 'That's enough, darling.'
The girl began to look around, and she burst into a loud, terrified scream. No one could blame her, and every normal person would sympathise with her, but Damon Salvatore just rolled his eyes and then compelled her to be relaxed and quiet. After that, he helped her stand up and asked her if she remembered what had happened there.
'Y-y-yes,' she spoke in a shaky voice. 'I... was coming back home late because I had been with...' Suddenly, she paused, but then she continued shyly: '... my affair.'
Damon made a face. 'How ironic that out of all the people, you're the one who made it out alive, you man-eater,' he threw in. 'Anyways, as much as your love-life anabasis is educational and deep, I'd prefer if you skipped it and just told me right away who killed these guys around,' he pointed at that corpses on the road.
'It was some woman. She was terribly strong and fast.' The girl's eyes widened with fear.
'Some woman?' Bonnie repeated after her. 'What did she look like?'
'I didn't see her clearly, but she had brown hair, and she was slim and pretty,' the girl answered.
Bonnie fished out her phone, found a picture of herself and Elena and showed it to her. 'Is this her?'
'Yes!' the girl blurted out, taking a step back, mortified. 'That's exactly the woman!'
Damon was looking at the girl with a mixture of shock and disgust on his face. She was tiny, dark-haired, and actually quite beautiful. Personally, she didn't do anything to him. But he despised her. He despised her because she was living evidence of him, Damon Salvatore, turning Elena Gilbert into a monster.