Part 18

A gorgeous blonde waitress in an ironed uniform and with a professionally nice voice came to Damon's table and asked: 'Would you like to order?', adding a flirty smile, which definitely wasn't a part of her job. Suddenly, she noticed that Bonnie was gone, and she blurted out surprisedly: 'Your girlfriend has left?', after which her lips widened even more, and a spark of hope appeared in her eyes. 
'My girlfriend is mad because she's jealous of her best girlfriend, who used to be my girlfriend,' responded Damon.
'Oh. That sounds like a lot of problems with girlfriends,' she murmured. 'Do you think a new girlfriend could help you fix that?'
The poor waitress unfortunately didn't pick the right time for chatting up Damon. He was annoyed, and that meant he was hungry. And when he was both hungry and annoyed, it meant that someone was very likely to die. This charming girl basically had it coming.
'A new girlfriend probably can't,' he muttered. 'But something to eat might.'
'So what will you have? We have delicious steak that I can recommend, for example...'
'I'd rather have you,' he interrupted her; he jumped up and bit her neck. She blared with pain and everyone around, the guests and the staff, started running away, screaming. As soon as Damon was done with the waitress, he took care of the others. He drank from everybody at least a little bit; he compelled some of them and let go, while he sucked out the unsympathetic ones till the last drop. He triumphally looked around the restaurant and headed upstairs to their room.
He knocked on Bonnie's door. When she opened it and saw him there with blood on his face, she took a step back and shook her head in disbelief. 'No. You didn't.'
'Perhaps it's for the best that you didn't stay for dinner after all. You probably wouldn't like my food,' he smirked; he brushed by her inside and threw himself flat on the bed. He noticed that Bonnie had packed her stuff.
'You're leaving?'
'I wasn't sure, but now I see that there's no point in staying with you anyway,' she said. 'You're a lost cause. And so is our relationship.'
'Elena would stay for me and try to change me for the better,' noted Damon.
'Stop comparing me with her,' Bonnie snapped at him. 'By the way, it's interesting that Elena abandoned you first. And you know what? I no longer wonder why!' she raised her voice, snatched her bag and dashed out of the door.