Part 1

'I can't believe Elena's actually leaving. The girl of my life... dumped me.'
Damon and Bonnie were watching Elena's car, which was disappearing in the distance.
'It's the same with me and Jeremy,' Bonnie joined in sympathetically. 'The boy of my life... will no longer be in my life.'
'Do you think we should have stopped them from leaving?' asked Damon.
'That wouldn't have been fair,' said Bonnie.
'Being fair is not one of my typical features,' grinned Damon. 'I wanted the girl... And I would do anything to make her happy.'
'You mustn't be afraid to say her name. It's Elena. And she IS happy. You've made that wish come true.'
'I know,' sighed Damon. 'I just wish she were happy with me.'
'Yes,' nodded Bonnie. 'I completely understand that.'
'They've left us here... Those Gilbert traitors,' uttered Damon.
'At least we have each other,' remarked Bonnie.
'Was that irony?'
'You know, it actually wasn't,' smiled Bonnie.
'Look, Bon Bon, how about we go to our place now to drown our sorrows from our broken hearts in alcohol together?'
'That sounds... good.'
'So come on,' he opened the door for her gallantly.
He felt lonely, devastated, and betrayed, but Bonnie was right.
At least they had each other.