Part 20

Bonnie didn't exactly know where to go. She didn't want to go home because nobody was waiting for her there; she didn't want to travel alone because that would be a painful reminder of the adventures she could have experienced with Damon if it hadn't gone awry so bad. Therefore, she made the most insane decision. She was convincing herself that she was doing it to draw a thick line behind all this. But more likely, she simply needed to see him. And her too. So she headed to see Jeremy and Elena.
It occurred to her that perhaps she should have let them know she was coming for an unrequested visit, but in the end, she didn't find enough courage for that. She said to herself that it was better as a surprise, though an unpleasant one.
It took a long time before she got there, and while she was on the road, she was getting thoughts like she should jack it in, for the sake of both sides. However, some mysterious power was keeping her from giving up.
She knew the address, and it was pretty easy for her to find the way, as she had a good sense of orientation. It was already dark, it could be about 10 pm and she was getting closer to the specific house. Suddenly, she spotted two people in a tight hug standing on the doorstep. She twitched, recognising that it was Jeremy. She watched the scene in front of her eyes, and all of a sudden, she somehow couldn't process it, in spite of knowing very well that she had had something with Damon too and so she had no right to blame Jeremy. Yet still, she felt somehow... deceived. And most of all, hurt.
She wanted to turn around and disappear before he'd notice her, but it was too late; she was standing too close.
'Bonnie?' Jeremy called at her, shocked.
She took a deep breath and walked towards them.