Chapter 20

Rose's POV

After a long ride through Tennessee we finally made it to the smokey mountains. Klaus, Stefan, and I were walking in a deathly silence as we were half way up the mountain. I could still feel Stefan's judging gaze due to what he saw last night. Not that I blame him, Klaus did kill my sister, and I never even got to say goodbye. How fucked up is that?

"You okay?" Klaus asked, inturrupting my thoughts. I look next to me, realizing he was talking to Stefan as he smirked at him. "Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine." Stefan frowned.

"You sure about that?" Klaus asked tauntingly. "You know, we've been walking for quite some timw now. If you need some water or a little sit-down...."

"You know, I get that we're stuck together, Klaus, but if we could just skip the chitchat, that'd be great." Stefan frowned as he carried Ray on his shoulders.

"So much brooding." Klaus stated. "Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend."

"Maybe it's because I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer."

"He's got a point." I agreed as my legs felt ready to give out.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack." Klaus said as we came to a clearing of people who were setting up tents.

Following Klaus' lead, we walked into the clearing, getting everyone's attention. Stefan looked around at everyone before dropping Ray's body to the ground.

"Ray! Oh my God!" A woman panicked, running over. "What's going on? Who are you?"

"The more important question is who am I." Klaus said gaining everyone's attention. "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

The woman stood up quickly, taking a step back. "You're the hybrid."

"You've heard of me." Klaus smirked. "Fantastic."

This caused me to roll my eyes as I sat down. Way to boost his ego. Klaus walked around, satisfied that he caused so much fear within a group of people before sitting down next to me, wrapping his arm around my waiste.

"It's fasinating actually. A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Klaus spoke, just then Ray gasped awake. "Excellent timing Ray. Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me?" Ray shivered.

"Stefan?" Klaus asked.

"Are any of you human?" Stefan asked looking around. "Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to a vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."

"Why not use her?" The woman hissed, pointing at me.

"Not her." Klaus glared.

"Besides, I'm not human dumb ass. So, anyone else? A boyfriend, a girlfriend along for the ride?" I asked as I felt my magic sense everyone around. I then turned and looked at a blue eyed man who stood next to the woman. "You."

Klaus then vamped to the man and bit his fourarm before throwing him to Stefan.

"No!" The woman yelled as her eyes turned yellow and tried to come at me, but Klaus was quick and grabbed her by her throat.

"It's the new order, sweetheart." Klaus glared at the woman. "You join us, or you die."

"I'd rather die than be a vampire." The woman glared.

"Well, there's not actually a choice. You went after my girl, so......"

With a swift movement Klaus snapped the woman's neck making me jump.