Chapter 30

Rose's POV:

I woke up the next morning groaning as I held my head.

"Good, you're awake." Lexi sighed handing me a glass of water.

"What happened?" I asked, noticing I was back in my bedroom at the Boarding House.

"You stupidly used a very powerful spell that almost killed you to bring me back." Lexi frowned. "I know we're best friends, but do you honestly think I'd risk your life to bring myself back? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Becuase, I knew you wouldn't if I put myself at risk, but I'm strong enough. It proves, you're here aren't you." I smiled.

"You're lucky I love you or I'd kick your ass." Lexi smiled.

"I know." I chuckled.

"Here's some advil. Get ready, Damon wants to take you and Elena to see what he found with Alaric and Jenna." Lexi informed. "Oh, and Klaus wouldn't stop blowing up your phone all night."

"What about you?" I asked curiously.

"I'm on Stefan duty." Lexi stated. "Get ready."

With that Lexi left the room. Sighing I got up and went to take a quick shower to wake myself up a bit more. Once I was done I got ready I called Klaus before I met Damon downstairs.

I was shocked at how many voicemails, missed calls, and text messages I had. Knowing I should probably get it done and over with, I clicked on Klaus' contact and called.

"Why haven't you been picking up?!" Klaus growled through the phone. "Are you alright?! I felt that you were in pain!"

"Relax, Klaus, I'm alright. I just did a too powerful spell." I sighed. "I passed out after bringing my friend back from the dead."

"You had me worried sick, do you understand that?!" Klaus stated. "I was about to be on the next flight out to Virginia if you hadn't called!"

"I'm sorry I worried you." I sighed. "Hey, listen, I have to meet up with Damon and Ric, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay." Klaus agreed. "Please, call me if you need help though."

"I will." I agreed.

"Be safe, sweetheart."

"You too." I said before hanging up.

Smiling, I went down stairs and met with Damon. We ended up going down in the tunnels under the Lockwood property that Mason Lockwood showed Damon.

"So the Lockwoods really have no idea that theses tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena asked curiously.

"Yeah." Ric nodded.

"Careful where you shine that thing." Jenna frowned as Elena shined her flashlight up. "Bats hate the light."

"WHAT?!" Elena panicked.

"Eleeennnaaaa." Damon's voice mocked, scaring her making her turn around. "Boo!"

"Ahh!" Elena gasped.

"Scaredy cat." Damon smirked.

"Just ignore him." Ric stated. "That's what I do."

"So you really can't get in?" I asked changing the subject.

"No." Damon frowned. "Seemed even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire."

"Then why am I here?" Jenna asked.

"To keep Ric from staking Damon." I joked.

"Don't tempt me!" Ric called back to us making Jenna and I chuckle.