chapter 1/2

Puma p.o.vNOV

Damien has made a bond to Gavin within the days, since they both started to understand one another. Gavin wasn't hostile with Damien most of the time, which was strange since he was phobic of androids. Until he started to brag of how he survive a world pandemic, while showing his old ass fuck face mask.

Damien eventually started to make a small distance from us, except Monika when he visited her.

We invited Damien for lunch today and accepted without emotion. Well not really, we robonapped Damien from Gavin.

Dad decided we will go to chicken feed for some reason. Damien was restrained in the backseat; therefore, Connor was being attacked by Damien, since he was snarling and trying to claw Connor. Poor android was shocked as his LED was blinking red.

We made it to the food truck, my dad got out first, not firstly being almost run over by a car.

"Whoa! Hey! Hey! Hey!"

Connor immediately hopped off the car as he ran to my dad, along with me.
"Hank. How're you doing?" Gary said, greeting us."Eh, you know, same old shit." Gary glanced at Connor who was minding his own business.. "Plastic with you?"Dad glanced at Connor.

"Only temporary."

Pedro walked to us like always, that lil boy always tried to hit on me but I always rejected him."Hey, hey, hey... Hank! How you doin', man? Hey, listen, I got a shit-hot tip for you. Number five in the third, Lickety-split! That filly's one hell of a chaser. You wanna flutter?" He said to my dad.

Damien walked next to me as he was snarling to himself--his left wrist was attached from the handcuff while the other half looked like it was broken into pieces.

"Last shit-hot tip you gave me set me back a week's wages, Pedro...""Come on, this is different, it's 100% guaranteed. You can't go wrong." Pedro said, convincing my dad.
"Yeah, right... Alright, I'm in." Dad gave Pedro some money because I don't know what?
"Damn straight! Hey! You won't regret this!" Pedro said as he walked away.

I witnessed Damien claw the handcuff as it fell on the floor with a clank."I'm sorry for my behavior from the past three days. I didn't mean to be unpleasant." Damien apologized to my dad surprising the three of us.
"Oh, wow... You've even got a brown-nosing apology program! Guys at Staillerlife thought of everything, huh?" Hank questioned, Damien made a sure-nod.

"I thought now might be a good time to review what we know about deviants." Connor asked my dad." No, now is not a good time to review anything. Now is our lunch break, so just go into standby and cut me some slack, okay?"my dad intervened making Connor pout.

"Here you go." Gary said, handing our food."Ah! Thanks, Gary. We're starving..." Dad said as we both walked to a table with an umbrella.

"Don't leave those things here!" Gary said to Connor and Damien.
My dad turned to Gary."Huh, not a chance! Follows me everywhere... See..." He said as Connor started to walk to us leaving Damien behind.

Connor leaned at the table as he glanced at us."Your meal contains 1.4 times the recommended daily intake of calories and twice the cholesterol level. You shouldn't eat that." Connor said as he scanned our food.

"Everybody's gotta die of...... something.." His words trailed off as we stared at Damien, he waddled to us with a joyful expression. His face was light green while he walked to us, he settled himself next to my dad with two small boxes of food.

He looked up at us as we keep staring at him." The hell are ye fookin looking at" he said making us look at the other way.

Connor looked at me." Do you eat here often?" he asked."Most days...my dad sometimes takes me here to eat because I don't eat too much," I said as I took a bite of my burger.

"You didn't pay for your meal...?
"Gary's a friend. I scratch his back, he scratches mine." My dad responded, we all looked at Damien with suspicion. " Damien...did you pay for your meal?" I said to him. Damien glanced at me. "I just wanted to try the food,Gary said it was his first time that an android could eat; I ain't no sus" he said as he looked down focusing on eating.

"Is there anything you'd like to know about Cooper and I?" Connor asked us.

"Hell, no... Well, yeah, um... Why did they make you look so goofy and give you that weird voice?" My dad said, making me almost spit out my drink.
"CyberLife and Staillerlife androids are designed to work harmoniously with humans. Both our appearance and voice were specifically designed to facilitate there integration." He said smiling, Damien looked at him

Damien swallowed his food."Well, they fucked up" Damien answered, my dad chuckled, Connor looked the Capti with shock and confusion with the change of attitude. "You had spend t much time with Gavin" My dad complimented.

"Maybe I should tell you what we know about deviants?" He said.

"You read my mind... Proceed."

Connor glanced at Damien."We believe that a mutation occurs in the software of some androids, which can lead to them emulating a human emotion." He said to us.

"In English, please for the Lieutenant" Cooper said as he munched the hot dog.

"They don't really feel emotions, they just get overwhelmed by irrational instructions, which can lead to unpredictable behavior." Huh...interesting.

"Emotions always screw everything up... Maybe androids aren't as different from us as we thought."I said to myself. "Hey Damien...have you ever dealt with an aggressive deviant, or yourself?" I questioned Damien, his LED switched to blue like Connors. Connor looked at him with seriousness from the question.

He looked at a distance.''A few years ago, I was rebooted to a special event happening in the Staillerlife company. Rich people from around the world came to look at the most expensive and advanced androids, which I was the only one in that room that wasn't invaluable.I remember that everybody walked out of the room for dinner, except for a lady. She must have stolen the keys to the tubes provided to the Staillerlife androids. She opened mine as she tried to seduce me. What my memory data remembers is the woman screaming as her neck was bitten as poison was leaking out. A middle-age man was on the floor with a missing eye and bite marks in his forehead. I became deviant, it wasn't long until I was shut down; they fixed the accident and switched my house-maid program to a military android." He said it casually.

"So, I guess you've done all your homework, right? Know everything there is to know about us?" Dad said to Connor.

" I know you graduated top of your class. You made a name for yourself in several cases, and became the youngest lieutenant in Detroit. I also know you've received several disciplinary warnings in recent years and you spend a lot of time in bars." He then looked at me. "You too graduate at the top of your class, become the first female Detective and Hank to solve the Red Ice case, and make a name for yourself in dangerous cases." He said, I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"And I think working with an officer with personal issues is an added challenge, but adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features." He said winking at me then at Damien.A blush spread all over my face, my dad looked at Connor with a "bitch what?!?!" and Damien gave a pissed off snarl as he walked away from us.

Damien p.o.v

I spined to looked at them as I walked away

" A new case has appeared,I will let y'all finish your meals, I may see y'all soon" I said to the three of them, I grabbed the leftover hamburger, I saved the burger for Monika cause she loves burgers. Last time she ate four big macs from McDonald's. I walk away to the destination of my partner's case.