Chapter 20

Izuku awoke to observe his surroundings, his left arm still limp and bloody while his right was scarred and heavily damaged from his last attack. As his left arm trailed behind him, dripping with the crimson substance also flowing from part of his face, he noticed something...odd about where he was. That being that he was nowhere. Just a bright white void of nothingness, no people, no animals, plants. Not even his child or wife. Suddenly, a swirling vortex of pure darkness and fire began to form in front of him, giving a way for a figure to make their way through the portal and towards the exhausted hero. 

"Izuku Midoriya..." the figure spoke. This shocked Izuku and put him on edge at the spector's words as he got into a fighting stance, well as close as you can with one arm that is limp and bleeding profusely and another that looks like it is more than likely one punch away from turning to dust. "Please, there is no need for that. Consider me your guide." The figure said as they emerged from the portal. They were cloaked in a black robe with a black hood concealing their face, however they had no  face, just a skull. In their right bones hand was a scroll and in the left, a scythe. This figure closed the portal behind themselves and introduced themselves, "I am Death, welcome to the realm between the living and afterlife."

Izuku was still in shock...

*Death? Afterlife? There must be something strange going on, a mind quirk used by Uraraka to trick me into thinking I won.*

"This is real Izuku Midoriya, I have been ferrying souls for eternity and I assure you this is no quirk. And before you ask, I did read your mind." Death told Izuku who was limping over to Death to ask a question he needed answered.

"Tell me, am I dead?" He asked with fear on his mind. Not for himself, but for his family back in his life.

"That depends," Death began, "on whether you choose to stay amongst the living or join those in the afterlife. You see Midoriya, you have fascinated me since you first defied fate. You were supposed to have died during the UA entrance exams but you survived and changed your own future. Not only then, but against Muscular, Overhaul, Nine and now Ochaco Uraraka."

"How did I change fate then? I am here, so I didn't-" Izuku began before being interrupted by Death.

"Your mortal body still clings to your soul. There is one reason for this and it is the same reason you have defied destiny not once but 5 times... you are driven by your love. Not just your love and desire to protect everyone, but most importantly your wife, child and soon to be newborn (in about 8 months). At this very moment, you lay in the hospital area of UA with Kyoka Midoriya and Aika Midoriya by your side and they care for you with just as much love as you do for them. I offer you a second chance to return to the world and become the true #1 Hero you are now destined to be and live out your days with your family and friends. Or... you can pass to heaven and be at peace. Which will it be?"

Izuku had the answer come to mind immediately, the right choice and the choice that would yet again decide his destiny for the better of others. He turned to Death and looked them straight in the eye sockets before telling them his choice.

"I will return to my family and friends but something I want to know before I go..." he said.

"What would that be?" The eternal soul ferrying skeleton asked the only person they gave a second chance.

"Beating Uraraka... was there another way? Or even a way to save All Might from his grim fate?" He asked with a tear rolling down his eye while Death stood by shaking their head.

"Unfortunately not, there was no other way. But something you should know, All Might and the other wielders speak of you with such high opinions and much praise." Death told the green haired mortal before he opened a purple portal to Earth for Izuku's soul to merge with his body once more.

UA Hospital Wing, 4 months after Izuku's meeting with Death:

Izuku sat upright in his hospital bed with his wife holding his right and immensely scarred hand. He had nearly fully recovered and his other wounds had healed just fine. Upon his return to the realm of the living, Kyoka immediately hugged and kissed him while crying rivers that would put Inko to shame. Aika was the most happy to see her father upon his return as she began laughing and hugging him while he laid there for months healing. At the moment however, Aika was being held in Izuku's left arm while Kyoka held his left while waiting for some test results. Which results you ask? Why the results of Kyoka's ultrasound for their second child of course.

"I'm so glad you are back Izu, I love you so much." Kyoka said as she gave him a chaste but loving kiss on the lips while hugging him.

"I love you too Kyo." He responded as he reciprocated her actions before she scooped up their little bundle of joy and started to gently bounce her as she held her small bear.

"What about you little miss?" Kyoka began as she baby talked their... well, baby. "Do you love daddy foo?"

"D-d-" The smallest Midoriya uttered 

"Izu...I think..." 

"I know, I can't believe it..."

"D-da-da...dada" and with that one word came the most adorable smile and a flood of tears from both parents followed by hugs and kisses. Meanwhile in all the love and affection being given to her Aika began giggling.

"Ok children, I have your results. And because technology is more advanced than quite a few years ago, I can tell you the baby's gender." Recovery Girl said as she reached into her bag for the chart. In doing so she also pulled out a knife, some micro explosives, a handgun, pepper spray, ninja sticks and a big ass cigar.

"Alright Recovery Girl, what is the gender?"

".....a boy" The married couple then looked to each other before embracing each other and knowing that their family will only continue to grow. In the excitement and happiness, Aika got in on the hugs and happiness while the two older Midoriyas gave each other a passionate, loving and long kiss.

*Awwwww, I'm so happy for them. They deserve this after all they've been through and little Aika will gain another person in her life to love too*

"You know what Mina? I'm gonna leave that just how it is. Because what you just said, is right."

*Woooooooooo. Tsu, I did it baby. I got Author approval*

*Thats great babe, ribbit*

UA Dorms later in the day

"Hey everyone, we got some big news..."

AN- Hey guys, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I hope you will continue to read more. Sorry for my absence for so long, just had a busy schedule. Regardless, I am back and aim to add where possible. As always take care and go beyond... PLUS ULTRA