Chapter 17 - Throw

[Cat's POV]

It's been two days.

Two fucking days with no contact from him.

I hurl the knife in my hand and watch it land right in the bullseye before grabbing another from the bin and doing it again.

I know he has been here. I'm not an idiot. I know he had Daria keep me distracted in my room when he came home and went to his own to sleep in between searching for whoever Louis is with Anthony. I also know he has made sure I'm fed and get escorted to my garden during the day.

But none of that soothes the itch of wanting his touch on my skin. Which is absolutely hilariously pathetic, considering I couldn't stand anyone's hands on me before him. And now I'm frustrated and horny and aggravated that he continues to blame me for Tony.

It's not my fucking fault he taunted his claim over me in Tony's face at the club. I fought that. I did everything I could to keep that from happening. And now he blames me for Tony lashing out. He didn't say it specifically, but I know it. The look in his eye that night. The fact that he hasn't spoken to me. Both prove it.

"Ugh!" I huff as I hurl the next two knives at the same time, one in each hand. Both make my targets.

One good thing about the time alone - I have perfected throwing these stupid knives.

I keep lunging them at the targets as the rage boils in me, threatening to explode. One after the other, the anger builds. There must be dozens stuck in the wall right now. But none missed their target...

I hear the door creak open and I turn, letting the last knife fly out of my hand and into the door right beside the man's head.

My whole body fills with pathetic disappointment when it isn't Enzo.

It isn't Anthony either.

It's the other guy from the car the other day. The same one who brought me to Enzo when I was with Tony at the club. But I can't remember his name for the life of me...

He stares at the knife an inch from his face and smirks, surprising me.

"I hope that's where you were aiming to hit, or do I have to fear another one coming my way?" He jokes and I already find him annoying that he doesn't take me seriously.

"Tell me why you are down here or you'll find out." I glare at him.

He laughs, his eyes sparkling as he pulls the dagger out of the door and shuts it behind him. He walks toward me and hands it to me, handle first.

"Go on, then, little lion." He taunts me and I glare at him again, sticking the knife back in its leather holster on my belt near my right hip.

"What do you want?" I ask quickly, eager to get this interaction over with. "Is Enzo back?" I ask hopefully.

He smirks, then turns and walks slowly to the bullseye boards with his arms crossed behind his back annoyingly.

"He will be soon." He says after a second and relief floods through me. I'm not going to miss his path again, I have to talk to him tonight.

"I'm Danny." He says and instantly I remember Enzo mentioning him. "I see you have done well with throwing the knives. But that only gets you so far. You will need to learn how to get information." He smirks at my raised eyebrows, knowing he got my attention.

"Enzo has a guest coming. A mole. We need to figure out who he is working with."

"Okay. But how will I help with that? Enzo won't let me use my usual ways." I ask him, confused.

"The knives." Danny says plainly, like it's obvious. "And I think we could push the boundaries of your other skills as well. We just need to control it while he is watching."

I watch him pace along the wall of boards, looking at each of my hits. "You will watch and maybe help me with Louis today. This type of skill is best learned on the job. And you are lucky."

"Why?" I reply.

He smirks. "Because I am the best at what I do."

God he's arrogant, but I believe him. There is just enough craziness behind his eyes to make him excellent at this job. I hate his cockiness, though. It's extremely irritating. But part of me likes him still. We are the same like that - we both know we're good at what we do.

"The best at torture?" I challenge him and he laughs, amused by my tone.

"It doesn't always have to be bloody, baby. After tonight, we can work on that part."

I nod and start following him out of the room.

"Danny," I say suddenly and he turns to look at me. "Don't let him hear you call me baby."

He chuckles. "Wouldn't dream of it, baby." He winks and I smirk. Fuck, he's growing on me now, like an annoying brother.

"Possessive, that one, isn't he?" He asks knowingly.

"Very." I nod.

Secretly, though, I don't mind it. I would never have accepted this offer if he was going to pass me around like a pastry platter.

"Do you like that after where you came from?" He asks and I can tell from the look on his face he is genuinely interested in the answer, he doesn't mean mentioning the club offensively.

I look over at him as we climb the stairs to the main floor.

"It's different. That was a job. Here I get a choice. I choose to be with him and only him here, I am not forced. He treats me well so I don't mind. I have freedom."

"Do you, though?" He asks and I frown and drop the topic before it upsets me. He doesn't get it. None of them do, maybe I don't even fully do.

"Can I change first?" I ask as we reach the main floor.

"Yes. Wear a dress, a revealing one. And you'll need a strap for your ankle for the knife. I'll find it and bring it to you." He replies and walks off as I climb the stairs to my room to change before the fun begins.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading lovelies!!! Please vote and share the book with friends :)

Next chapter will be a bit more gruesome - this is your warning now. I'll try to make it so you can skip it if it really bothers you, but honestly I think reading it is beneficial for the story!