Chapter 10-P.O.T.D

Thank you for supporting by reading, commenting and VOTING! Thank you for those who have took their time reading this! I appreciate it! =D Continue clicking VOTE and comment! 

Chapter 10

Jesse could only stare at me with his eyes so wide. He had nothing to deny at all because deep down in his heart, he knew that perfectly well. We stared at each other before glancing towards Anne. He shook his head and left me, with a frown on his face. I had to stifle a laugh as I watched him took a step towards Anne’s direction but he turned to another direction before he could even reached her.

“What’s wrong?” Alexis asked, appearing beside me out of a sudden. She was looking at where I was casting my gaze. “What’s with Jesse?”

I shook my head, heart pounding. “Nothing,”

“So, what do you want to do first?” She asked, changing the subject.

I scratched the top of my head, unsure what I should be doing. I didn’t know where I should start! Let alone do something. “I don’t know, let’s just wait and see,”

I began closing the distance between the kids in training and me. Their attacks were worthless and not even good. They were so going to die when an Immunians caught up with them. It was so different form where I had come. Trainings were not like this; swinging swords and punching bags.

I will teach them real trainings.

“Not like that,” I told a girl with a big muscles, when she started punching the dummies in a wrong way. She was using too much force and it will tire her before she could land a real blow.

She glanced at me, sweats flowing from her forehead to her chin and to the ground. I waved her aside and took my position in front of the dummy. Kids stopped their training and gathered around us, watching me.

“You should not use too much force, don’t try to generate too much energy and put it in your hand. Don’t aim for strong attacks but aim for light ones. It’s quicker and deadlier because you can use more force on more parts on the body, look,” I said to anyone of them who were listening.

I inhaled, closing my eyes and transfer some of my energy to my hands. I pulled my hand back and strike at the dummy’s chest; once, twice, trice until the fifth strike. On the fifth strike, the dummy’s chest opened up, revealing a bag of fully filled cotton.

Everyone clapped and whistled.

“That’s how you will fight the Immunians,” I concluded and walked away. “Try it and master it,”

I sat at the corner of the hall, far away from the kids and leaned against the wall. Alexis was talking to Anne, at the other end of the hall and a girl –not less than ten years old- skipped towards me. She had the cutest smile on her face and her short blonde hair was blobbing up and down like ball bouncing on the ground. She was a happy kid, like a normal kid with a normal life.

Unfortunately, her clothes made her looked like a warrior at war. Her sleeves were torn, and some dirt still stuck on her shirt, her pants were dirty looking but she did not look like slaves or beggars.

She sat beside me, staring at me with her beautiful blue eyes, which were gleaming excitedly.

“Yea?” I cleared my throat and smiled.

“Have you killed an Immunians before?” She asked as timid as a mouse, like she was afraid I would eat her alive.

I nodded slightly, hoping she didn’t catch it as I did not want to scare the hell out of her. She was just a kid, like everyone here.