Chapter 2-P.O.T.D

Chapter 2

                  I sit alone inside the dark room. Tied hopelessly in a chair.  I was supposed to be out in the village with the other kids playing, fooling around, undergo training to protect the village when we were older. But I was trapped here, all alone in this cold, dark chamber.

   I tried screaming for help but my father advised me to save my breath as I was far away from the village. I gave up on life after months trapped in here .I had no one to talk to, only rats that went scuttling under my feet and cockroaches went flying over my head. I often found myself talking to them who came near me.

I was in pure boredom and pain. Listening from the creaking sounds the ceiling made. One day, I heard a new sound. It's been two years since I've heard that sound. It's been two years long I'm stuck in this prison. I look at where the sound is coming from.

"Help!" I screamed.

No answer. I was in disappointment when I saw a figure in front of me. I thought it's going to murder me when she says "Hi."

I don't know if she's blind or not. I don't how on earth did she get here. All I know is one thing. Escape.

"Want to play?"  She asked.

"I'm tied in this chair and all. And you want me to play?" I shrugged.

"Well, I have no intention about freeing you if that's what you're trying to say." She replied. "I'm just here to do you a favor."

"So, you won't free me?" I asked. "And, you're going to free me as a favor?"

"No." She said cutely.  "I'm going to entertain you."

"Then why not free me?"

"I can't free you. If I did, my family and your family are going to kill me." She mumbled.

"But-"

"No more questions." She muttered.

She brought out something from her bag. I notice her long brown hair until her waist. She has chocolate brown eyes that seem to take your soul every time you look at it. I tremble in pain as she put something in my mouth and force me to eat it.

"That's a gornam." She said. "I made it, and I named it!"

It tastes like today's chocolate. So good.

"Is this poison?" I wondered.

"Of course not." She complained. "It's bread!"

Sadly, she's right. It didn't kill me or anything. I stared at her as she do random things and ask random questions I never actually answered. Well, we did that for about hours. At least, for the very first time from the last two years, I met a friend.

Every day it goes like that. She gives me gorman every time she visits me. As long as she not getting caught by my father or my grandfather. I don't really know how she enters our house without getting notice. I even think she's a ninja or something.

"— you may be wondering why did I want to make friends with you" She continued. "You're just not like them."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"When they look at me. They can see nightmares. They think I'm cursed or something."

I smiled knowing the fact that I'm not alone. "Same here."

She seemed to be trying not to sob. She wipes her eyes with her hands.

"I'll send Niklaus his lunch." I heard my father said.