Chapter 5 -P.O.T.D

Hey Readers ! Fifth chapter is here! Thank you for reading! I really appreciated it! Please Don't give up on this story yet! Vote For It!

Chapter 5

                   I was extremely confused; words could not form on my lips. I thought I had kept the scent of the curse under my control yet she knew me immediately. How was that possible? Did she follow me everywhere I went? My hands were under the table and I had them balled up into a fist unconsciously.

                   “How in-“Finally, I found the courage to speak but she cut me off.

                  “How I know you although you kept it well?” She smiled sinisterly. I lower my head slightly. She beckoned me to lean closer to her and I obeyed. We were so close on the table; I could feel the heat of the air she exhaled. “I have spent all my life learning how to sense your kind.”

               I straighten myself so quickly and with such force, I almost toppled over my chair and made a nuisance of myself. My eyes were as wide as the Pacific Ocean and that made her sinister smile bigger. How old was she? That question was dying to be let out from my mouth.

               Instead of that question, this one came out: “Who are you?”

               She leaned back on her chair and folded her arm. “Your worst nightmare. Your people call us the Immunians.”

               The Immunians? I think I have heard of that somewhere but could not recall where I have heard it. As soon as she spoke, someone yelled my name outside the restaurant. All the people in the restaurant turned to look at the person. I saw Jimmy and Alexis standing there, waving frantically at me, desperately wanted me to go out from there. And then, I remembered what Immunians was. They were my half-siblings too except they were immune to the curse and they had form an army to hunt us down. I had been running from them for almost 50 years and it had been 14 years I never met one of them at all. Why now?

               I release my curse and the head of everyone dropped on the table instantly with a thud. Everyone was dead except that lady and I. She took hold of something hidden in her legs under the table while I pushed the table towards her and leapt out of the restaurant through the window. When I hit the rough pavement of the street, I saw one string of electricity flew on top of me, just a few inches from my body. I could feel a tiny electric shock surged through my body although it did not touch me. Those weapons were created to destroy us.

              Alexis grasped my arm and tugged at me to move. I revived everyone in the restaurant before I fled the scenes with Jimmy and Alexis. I could not let the news of people dying in the restaurant for no reason. They should not remember anything at all after waking up.

                We were panting as we stopped at a corner in an empty street. We were in the shadow where no lights from the lamp post illuminated at us. All the shops here were closed and there was no one to be seen.

                  “How did you know I was there?’ I asked, not knowing who I should direct it too. Alexis was leaning on the wall, next to me while Jimmy was on the ground.

                  “Jimmy saw you there, with that lady.” Alexis replied, voice tainted with poison when she said ‘that lady’. I shot Jimmy a surprise look. I did not know he was that … kind. “He called me as soon as he knows who that lady was.”

                  “Thank you, Jimmy.” I said with gratitude. He glanced sideways at me and looked away. He was shy, I bet.

                   “I was just trying to save the ass of the last descendant of the curse.” He smirked without looking at us. I wanted to be mad at him for calling me an ass but he saved my life. How can he notice that lady was an immunians while I can’t? I have been running from them longer than Jimmy.