High Hopes

So glad we got over that whole hump and we can move on to the nitty-gritty of the main plot! Song is High Hopes by Panic! At The Disco. I've been on a PATD kick lately, obviously, and this one vibed well with the tone I was going for.

Butter cookies and air-kisses to my beta Dotemms! She's phenomenal. <3

----------

  They made their way out of the room and to the kitchen hand in hand, Sarvente in her habit and costume ready for the day. The kids sat at the table, Rasazy scribbling in a notebook as she read and ate her cereal and Selever humming to himself as he flipped eggs onto two pieces of toast. They both looked up as their parents entered the room, and Selever let out a whoop of victory when Ruv kissed her cheek and walked over to the refrigerator.

  "YES! I FUCKING DID IT!" He spun and pointed a finger at Rasazy. "YOU OWE ME FUCKING TWENTY BUCKS! I told you I could get them to confess to each other!"

  Rasazy groaned, snapping her book closed. "Okay fine, but I still insist they would have gotten there on their own. You can't just smush their faces together like two dolls."

  Sarv glared. "I can't believe you two! Making bets about your parents isn't very nice."

  Ruv shrugged, pulling out pickles and cheese before nudging the door closed. "I don't know. Kinda funny."

  He pulled the rye bread over and began sawing off two slices while Sarvente put the kettle on for his tea. Her hand brushed his arm, lingering as she busied herself with placing a tea bag into his favorite mug. It was such a domestic feeling, having her there with him, and as he assembled his sandwich and she poured in the hot water he plucked the mug from her grasp and kissed the top of her head, making her blush.

  "Oh Hell, you guys are going to be insufferable now, aren't you," Selever grumbled, and Rasazy smirked.

  "Didn't think about that did you, dear brother? Now they're going to be just as lovey-dovey as they always are and you get to sit and watch it."

  "GET A ROOM," he shouted, and then dodged as Ruv swatted at his shoulder.

  "For that, you're washing the dishes today," he grumbled before taking a bite of his sandwich. Sel threw his hands up and flopped onto the table, nearly upsetting his eggs.

  "You two always gang up on me!" He turned to Sarvente. "Mom, tell them to stop!"

  "Mm, sorry Sel. You did deserve that one."

  " UGH! "

----------

  Sarvente and the kids sat at a round table in the library, shuffling through their notes as Ruv was putting away fallen volumes from the wreckage. He was buzzing with energy, and if he'd been some other person he'd have probably been smiling and walking with a bit of a swagger. Sarv had been humming and positively beaming through the whole morning, even during the service if Rasazy was to be believed.

  "The problem is that we could re-draw the original circle and try using it to send you back, but we can't guarantee that it'll work," Sarv was explaining to the kids, "so we'd need to draw another circle tailored to send you to the future, instead of an omnidirectional circle like the one for Temporal Manipulation."

  She pulled another volume forward. "What we could do is adapt the information in Dogme et Ritual de la Haute Magie and combine some of the principles with our current information, but I'm not sure how that would work exactly. Ceremonial Magic isn't really my wheelhouse, I'm more of the 'ripping portals in the aether' and 'making people go boom' kind of spell slinger."