|| thirty-seven ||

"It's snowing again

"It's snowing again...I hope ya have enough layers on...don't want ya getting sick."
Atsumu mumbled as the two of you walked along the little snow covered path on the graveyard.

"Says the one that literally just caught a cold cause he gave his jacket to me."
You replied.

Atsumu decided not to argue since he knew it wouldn't get anywhere, after all you were right. Instead he just took in your beauty, noticing every little detail like how your cheeks and the tip of your nose had turned red from the cold.
Your fingers were intertwined with his, your hand noticeably colder than his.
Atsumu ran his thumb over the back of your hand,.thr fact that your hand felt so cold worrying him a bit.
The setter looked down at you, your hair already covered in white little snowflakes that didn't seem to stop flowing down from the sky soon.

"Hey auntie...it's been a while...sorry I didn't get around to visiting, I had a lot going on...I brought someone with me. "
You spoke as Atsumu and you stood infront of the snow covered stone.
"It's Atsumu...you might remember him, he's my boyfriend now."

"It's nice to visit you...although I wish I could have met you in person..."
Atsumu mumbled and tears started welling up in your eyes.

"I really miss you...so much...I'm so sad that you can't see how I'm progressing in life...I feel like you would be p-proud."
Your voice started to fade towards the end and strong arms pulled you into a hug, letting you cry.
Your tears seeped into the fabric of his coat, forming a stain on his shoulder.
"Shhhh it's ok..." he soothed, one of his hands on the back of your head, holding it protectively against his shoulder while the other hand rubbed circles into your back in an attempt to calm you down.

The silence was a bit uncomfortable to Atsumu and the fact that the only thing he could hear from you were whimpers and soft cries made his heart ache and squeeze.

It took some time for you to calm down, and Atsumu started getting worried by how cold your cheeks felt against the exposed skin of his neck.

"We should head back, yer starting to feel real cold."
Atsumu muttered and you pulled away slightly, nodding and wiping away the tears.
The setter leaned down a bit, kissing your tear stained cheek and then lifting you up into his arms.
Normally you would complain and tell him that you can walk you your own, but you were too sad and exhausted to do that now.
Instead you leaned into his touch, head resting against his shoulder and eyes closed while he carried you to the exit of the graveyard.

"Are ya asleep?"
Atsumu asked, feeling how limp your body felt.

"Mhhhh no...just relaxing in your arms..."
you replied, yotr voice muffled by his shoulder.

Atsumu chuckled softly and continued walking, keeping his arms tightly wrapped around your body.