Chapter Twenty-Two: The Council's Decision

Nayuna

Draping a drab, homespun cloak over her body, Nayuna prepares to set out. Anger fills her veins at what's happened.

She grits her teeth at the very thought, holding a snarl in.

Naria has escaped. She and her pitiful use of a sister. When she heard the young man burst into the room, Nayuna had no choice but to make her escape, her amber eyes going over to the broken window.

True, she slashed Naria's throat, but she is not sure if she's killed her properly. But if she hasn't died, then she will get another chance at her.

And she will. By the gods of the Fiery Underworld, she will.

And this time, when she and Naria meet, Naria will die. With no interference whatsoever.

Shaking her dark-haired head in undeniable rage, she strides down the stairs and comes outside. She walks past the bones, crystals and shards of metal and rock until she comes to the corpses field.

Wrinkling her nose in disgust, Nayuna continues on until she reaches the pass that separates the Seriok Mountains and Orkdurun. Mist is there, thick, white and cold. She enters the fog, getting consumed by the congealing vapors.

The Dark Sorceress feels her way around, squinting through the fog, trying to see where she is going. A rocky path is in front of her, guiding her along if she looks down, but she has a hand in front of her, every so often touching the rough and rocky stone walls.

A beacon of sunlight peeks through bringing a light through the foggy day. Nayuna follows the light and all of a sudden, the mist clears away, revealing a pathway. She recognizes that this particular path leads to the dwarven halls. She prudently decides to take another path.

After all, I've got work to do, she thinks, wisely, retreating from the dangerous and insane creature she was when she first met Naria.

She walks quickly away from the path, trying another that leads elsewhere but where that is, she does not know. Yet, that is. But she senses that this path may be better than the other one.

For now, all she has to do is concentrate on what she has to do. And that is gather an army that will take out Naria and any allies that she will collect as time goes along. However long that may be, and Nayuna intends that to be as short as possible. She can also only assume that her sister is still a novice when it comes to battle but not for long.

Nayuna's blood-red lips curl at that thought.

No, when she and Naria, she knows, instinctively, that with enough training and effort, Naria will become a deadly warrior.

After all, it's in our blood, she thinks with an ice-cold ironic smile. Nayuna then takes a deep breath and starts forward again, making her way through the mists.

Naria

I'm sitting in the council chamber along with the other leaders of different races.

Arsain is there, standing on his strong and powerful horse legs, his broad chest covered by a sleeveless blue-gray tunic, his braided and beaded hair pulled back with a carved wooden clasp. His burly muscular arms are folded across his chest, one wrist bearing a leather wristband. 

An elven lady named Elebeni is there dressed in a spring green dress with sleeves that reach to the center of her elbows and a long flowing skirt. A woven leather belt is tied around her slender waist. A garland of buttercups rests on her auburn curls that flows down to the middle of her back.

A brown bearded dwarf named Yutrin is at the head of the table as it is his home that we're staying at. A solid gold helm rests on his head encrusted with sapphires.