TEN ✔︎

Kira's POV:

Loki holds me back from running out the door and after my father. He knows by now how much I hate to see my daddy leave.

"Come on Kira, let's go play while we wait for Peter to get here."

I grab his hand and head into my new play room. I grab some of my toys and put cat ears on Loki. "You're my kitty."

He looks at me annoyed. "I am not your kitty." I shake my head vigorously.

"YOU ARE MY KITTY!" I scream in his face.

Loki stands, placing his hands on his hips sassily.

Peter walks in and picks me up. "Hey squirt."

"Tell Loki that he's my kitty." I stare at Loki with a frown. 

"You're her kitty."

He shakes his head at us. I jump out of Peter's arms and run into my room. 

I hear Peter telling Loki, "look what you did. Why can't you just be her kitty?"

I decide to crawl out my window and turn into a dog and run until I feel better.  I stop when I find my favorite place and sit against the tree.

I hear Loki and Peter yelling at each other and calling my name from the distance. I snicker to my mischievous self.

I ignore them, pouting. I see them spot me and come running towards me.

I scream at them, "LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!." I feel a burst of energy and then I watch as they fly through the air. They land on the ground several feet away from where I was. I run towards them to see if they're okay.

"Loki, Peter, are you guys okay!?" I start crying again, afraid that I hurt them.

Loki stands up stiffly, staring at me. I run to hug him. Peter looks up at the sky, "o...ow."

"Peter!" I run up and kneel next to him. "I'm fine, kiddo." I help him up.

"Let's go inside. We need to call Stark." I nod and hold Loki's hand. Once we were in the compound, JARVIS called up Tony, and the others were on their way back.

"Loki, Peter, I'm sorry if I hurt you." They continue staring at me and nod. I look down, walking to the couch with my head hung low. I turn on the tv, flipping it to the news channel.

—— half hour later ——

I hear the front door open. I look behind me, seeing Tony and the others. "Daddy!! Nat!!" I run towards them, then stop abruptly.

I don't want to hurt them like Loki and Peter.

"Kira, you okay?"

I nod, keeping my gaze to the ground.

Daddy picks me up and I hug him, but avoid his eyes. "Kira what's wrong?"

"Barnes, we need to talk to you about Kira." Loki says to daddy from the lab. Daddy carries me to the lab with him.

I hide my face, afraid that I was in trouble.  "JARVIS, show us the video from half an hour ago."

I hear my voice yell "leave me alone" in the hologram. I watch a blast of blue came from my body, Loki and Peter being thrown several feet away by the force.

I hide my face further into my father as I see everyone look at me.

"Am I in trouble?" I look at daddy sheepishly. Daddy shakes his head no.

"We might have to call the twins to help." Tony suggests.

"Who are the twins?" I look up at Tony.

"People like you that can help."

I nod. "Am I a monster?" I asks quietly. Everyone stops and stares at me again.

"Doll, you're not a monster. You're different, just like the rest of us. And you're my daughter." Daddy sets me down and kneels in front of me. I look at him and Nat, and nod.

—— an hour later ——

I hear JARVIS announce the twins had arrived. I hold daddy's hand as they come into the room.

I spot a woman—a brunette—and a man, his hair a shiny silver.

"It's nice to have you guys back." Steve hugs them.

The man kneels in front of me and gives me a high five. "What's your name?" They ask me at the same time with an accent I don't recognize.

"Kira."

"Nice to meet you Kira, I'm Wanda and this is my brother Pietro. We are here to help you with your powers."

I nod and see someone fly through the wall from the corner of my eye. I hide behind Daddy.

"Doll, you're okay, that's Vision, another friend of ours." I look up at him and shake my head, not trusting this 'Vision'.