Fourteen ✔︎

Kira's POV:

I follow Shuri to the center of the room. "I want you to try to throw an energy blast at Mr. Super Kitty, okay?" I nod to her. She smiles at me before walking away.

I focus on my anger and soon find myself surrounded by the familiar blue energy. I reach my hand out and focus on making a ball with the energy.

Once I get it, I aim it at T'Challa. "Ready?" I ask, kind of scared I might hurt him. He nods firmly, stance wide.

I throw it as fast as I can and see him fly back several feet. I run to him to make sure he's okay. I take off his mask and see his nose bleeding.

I watch as Steve helps him up. "You good?" Steve questions. I look up at T'Challa and see his suit has black burn holes in it.

I look up at Daddy. "Did I hurt him?" I notice Daddy glaring at T'Challa.

"No, no. He's fine, right?" Daddy looks over at the King, his glare intensifying.

"Yeah," T'Challa winces. "I'm fine." He smiled weakly. My grin spreads across my face, glad I didn't hurt him too bad.

Shuri walks up to us, a tablet in her arms. "It appears the child is consumed by some powerful source. It's trying to take over her body, the reason she is having these outbursts. I'll have to further investigate to see what the source is and what exactly it can do."

"But is she safe?" Bucky speaks up, worry leaking from his voice.

"For now, yes." Shuri answers, nodding confidently. I look up at my father, tilting my head.

"What happens when I become unstable?" I ask, moving slightly away from everyone.

"We won't let that happen." Daddy's answer is stern and final.

"How can you tell?"

"I just know. And that will have to be good enough for now."

THE END
.... for now