chapter 3

"huh, where am i" minho slowly opened his eyes to find him on a hospital bed with jisung beside him, looking really concerned.

"oh my gosh you're awake!" jisung sighed in relief and put his hand on his heart. the other just giggled.

"what happened?" minho asked.

"i found you unconscious near the bench, i was freaking out so i decided to bring you to the closest hospital"

minho was worried. it has been a long time since this has happened. just then the doctor came in the room.

"did you take your medications minho?" the doctor asked, and jisung just looked at minho confusingly.

"yes, i did" minho replied, keeping eye contact away from his friend.

"what about your inhaler? did you use it?" the doctor added.

"i actually forgot to bring it" minho said ashamedly, looking down.

"minho, you know how serious your condition is. the least we could do it to prevent things like this from happening. you can't forget any of your medications at home, something worst could have happened!" the doctor said with full concern on his patient.

"i understand doc, i'm really sorry" the boy replied.

once the doctor was out, he had to deal with jisung. the boy just sat there looking at minho,very confused. minho figured that there was no hiding it now.

"so..." minho started.

"what's going on minho, what condition?" jisung said, in the verge of tears.

"i have a heart condition jisung..." the elder whispered, taking jisung's hand in his.

"m-minho...how long have you known?" jisung stuttered, trying to hold back tears.

"for a while know, forgive me for not telling you. i didn't want you to worry for me"

"of course i'd be worried minho! i fucking love you!" jisung blurted out with shocked the both of them. the younger quickly covered his mouth with both hands, minho was quick to take them off.

"i love you too jisungie, and i have for a while now..." minho smiled.

"you do?" jisung asked, still in shock. to which minho nodded in response.

"will you get better?" jisung added.

"...of course i will!" he lied. he didn't want to tell him that, any one of these days, he could be gone.

now, both boys know what they feel for each other. and nothing was more perfect. they were cuddled up on the hospital bed, talking about life. talking about traveling the world together once minho recovers. minho just silently sighed, because he knew that day would most likely never come.

the very next day, minho was discharged. his parents came to pick him up from the hospital.

"son, you should've called us!" his mom said with a very concerned tone.

"i was with jisung mom, i'm fine now" he smiled.

the car ride home was pretty boring, so he put his airpods in to listen to music. he was listening to "i am falling in love" by isak danielson.
it was his favorite because it reminded him a lot about his mutual feelings with jisung. he smiled while listening to the soft tune of the song.