chapter 5

"so he knows?" chan asked, casually swinging his chair back and forth.

"yep, i had no choice but to tell him." minho sighed.

"well, how far did you tell him?" changbin added.

"i haven't told him the fact that i'll be dying soon" minho jokingly said. the other two just frowned at the joke.

"minho, don't say that, you're gonna get better!" chan put his own hand on minho's shoulder as comfort, and gave him a comforting smile.

"i know i know!" minho chuckled, laughing it off as usual. even though he knew to himself, he wasn't going to last long. this usually distracted him from reality for a bit.

the boys continued studying together in minho's room. taking short breaks in between, eating food, talking about anything and everything. the two boys did their best to make minho happy at all times.

"hey guys, u want pizza?" chan asked.

"heck yeah!!" changbin exclaimed to which minho just chuckled at the other's extreme love for pizza.

so chan ordered pizza and after a few minutes of waiting, it finally came. the boy sat around the table and as minho was about to eat a slice...

"ah ah ah! your medicine!!!" chan reminded him, snatching the pizza slice away from his hand.

"shit sorry, thanks for reminding me dude" and the other just nodded.

after the long study session with the two boys, it was getting late so it was time to go home.

"you sure you don't want us to walk you dude?" changbin asked but minho just shook his head.

so they let the boy walk home all by himself. minho wasn't scared because he brought all his medications with him incase something happened. which thankfully, nothing did. minho arrived home safe and sound.

"minho darling! come have dinner now!" minho's mom shouted from the dining room.

"coming mom!"

minho quickly put his shoes and bag away, changed into slippers and then went into the dining room with his parents to have dinner.

"how are you son?" his father asked, with concern in his voice.

"dad, mom, i'm okay! don't worry!" he sighed then continued to eat his food. he really wished he wasn't sick.

"honey, we're taking you to the states after you graduate. you'll get better medication there. there's a higher chance you'd get better" his mom took a hold of his hand.

"mom...why all of a sudden?"

"our friend just recommended the hospital to us 2 days ago. don't you want that? after you get better., you can come back home. and you all you finally want!"

"...i mean yeah, i do wanna get better"

"ok mom, i'll do it" minho smiled.

he truly didn't wanna leave, but if this was the key to his recovery then he'd do it. so he could spend more time on earth, with his love, jisung.
speaking of his love...

incoming call...
"sungie🤍"
Answer or Decline

minho : babe! you called?

jisung : duh, i missed you so fucking much!

minho : jeez that much huh, you'll see me soon! don't be a pouty baby!

jisung : heyy! how'd you know i was pouting?

minho : i can basically hear it through your voice

jisung : oh

( giggles )

minho : you're the cutest

jisung : stop, my heart can't take this.

minho : neither can mines!

jisung : alright alright, i'll see you tomorrow okay?

minho : ok babe! love you!

jisung : love you more! byeee!

let's just say, the two boys slept well that night. mostly because they heard each other's voices before going drifting off to sleep.