Chp:-2 Model Bitch (EDITED)

AUTHOR'S NOTES A/N:-

Please take a moment to read the author's notes at the beginning if you haven't already; they are crucial. Thank you.
Happy reading! Remember to vote, share, read, and comment.
Constructive feedback is appreciated; let's keep the discussions positive and enjoyable.
Thank you for your understanding.
Now, let the chapter unfold.

(You can listen to the song Neel sang in his "beautiful" voice above – note the sarcasm here 😂. Enjoy!)

ANISHA VENKATASUBRAMANIAN

After a 26-minute drive, we arrived at Madras Medical College, renowned as one of India's top medical institutions. Nervously, I gulped, feeling a reassuring hand clasping mine. Turning, I found Neel offering a comforting smile. Neel handed me a stunning bouquet of tulips, and I was genuinely surprised. Grinning widely, I accepted them, and he sealed the gesture with a kiss on my forehead.

Now, traditional kisses between couples cover various body parts, but Neel and I had our own unique dynamic. As best friends, cheek and forehead kisses were our norm.
In this unusual friendship, I harbored deeper feelings for Neel than he did for me. To him, I was either his "Panda bear" or just a friend, and our dynamics might shift when his future girlfriend or wife comes into the picture. Currently, we were content being each other's best friends.

Neel, always surprising, sang in his less-than-perfect voice, "Ai Phulo Ki Rani Baharo Ki Malika Tera Muskurana Gazab Ho Gaya Ai Phulo Ki Rani Baharo Ki Malika Tera Muskurana Gazab Ho Gaya Na Dil Hosh Me Hai Na Ham Hosh Me Hai Nazar Ka Milana Gazab Ho Gaya." He chuckled.

Playfully, I teased, "You're a terrible singer, you know that."

"Yeah, yeah, not everyone is a professional singer like the Swaminathan family. But I'll do anything to see that bright and charming smile on your face, my cutie cutie Ani. You have an amazing smile, and I hope you know that," Neel responded, evoking a loving look from me.

Hailing from a musical family, music was an integral part of my life. My family, consisting of my sister, parents, grandparents, all trained singers, excelled in various musical instruments. Despite my musical background, I still succumbed to nervousness and overthinking.

Neel reassured me, "Ani, I understand your nerves. Trust me, girl, it's going to be fine. Stop overthinking; it's bad for the soul. You'll rock it, as usual. You're our little nerdie," he added, playfully pulling my nose.

Walking towards the college entrance, I inquired, "Neel, where is everyone?"
Referring to our tight-knit group of friends—Advay, Aniruddh, Saumya, and Jiya—we've been inseparable since childhood, sharing the same schools and now pursuing the same medical degree. Neel and Aniruddh had a unique closeness, and Jiya was my confidante.

"They're already in the class. Advay mentioned that our class is on the 2nd floor, left side of the elevator. Let's go," Neel replied. We entered the college, heading towards the stairs.

"Hey Neel bro, it's great to see you." I glanced towards the guy, tall and good-looking, though not quite on Neel's level. Ugh... Ani, stop it!

Neel greeted him, "Shaurya, hey man, what the heck are you doing here?" They exchanged a manly hug.

Shaurya explained, "I'm here to pursue medicine, and as you know, this is one of the best medical colleges in India. Naveen uncle recommended it for me. I thought I'd surprise you."

Neel expressed his excitement, "So you'll be studying with us? That's wonderful. I'm thrilled. Oh, by the way, Shaurya, meet my Panda bear, aka Ani, aka Anisha. She's my best friend in the whole world, the apple of my eye. And Ani, meet Shaurya Desai. He's a close friend and family friend, from Bombay – my mom's best friend's son."