Chp:-26 'It Happened Once Upon A Time'

A:N - Long and a BIG Chapter Alert. Emotional too🥺🥺.

There may be minor mistakes but this book will undergo editing. Please ignore and forgive me for that.

ANISHA VENKATASUBRAMANIAN

As soon as there was a power failure in the hall, I managed to sneak out. I quickly rushed home. I took the keys from our neighbour. I got inside the house quickly and quietly. My grandparents were fast asleep in their room and luckily they aren't light sleepers at all. I went to my room and grabbed important things and whatever I could and dumped it in in my mini luggage and closed it. I texted Saachi that I'm coming as soon as possible and I'll keep her posted. I told her everything in short as quick as possible.

I went to the kitchen and took some snacks and put it in my mini backpack. I wrote a note for my family and stuck it on the fridge for them to read. I also sent a what's app audio message in my family group. I wore my travel attire and then silently walked out of the house and handed over the keys to the neighbour as it was a spare key which is always there with them. I took an auto and headed straight to the Chennai International Airport.

The moment I reached the airport, the idea of calling Radhika aunty came into my mind. Radhika aunty here, is my mom's best friend and coincidentally she happens to be Mala aunty's cousin as well. She works at the airport for Air India. I called her and she answered immediately.

"Hello Anisha kanna." She said happily.

I said, "Hello Radhika aunty. How are you? I actually very urgently need you to do me a favour please."

Radhika aunty said, "I'm good kanna I'm in my office right now at the airport. What favour? Is everything ok?"

I said, "uhm yeah actually as you know I was here since last eight months but then I've to immediately go back as there's an emergency. I was going to leave few days later but I've to go right now."

Radhika aunty said, "okok relax kanna I'll come outside the and take you in with me." She hung up.

I was impatiently waiting for her. After 10 long minutes she came out and after exchanging quick pleasantries she took me inside the terminal and from there we went straight to her office.

She said, "give me your passport and all the required important documents."

I said, "here take this. If you can try and book tickets for me to John F Kennedy airport New York or even LaGuardia airport that'd be really great, thanks." She nodded

After about 45 minutes finally she said, "Ani kanna you've to rush. Your flight to Mumbai leaves in an hour. I managed to book your tickets in the Air India flight from Mumbai to Newark Liberty International Airport. LaGuardia and JFK flights are really full. Now go quickly. I'll have someone escort you till the gate."

I said, "thanks aunty I'll pay you as soon as I get there. Please pass on the itinerary and other details."

Radhika aunty said, "sure kanna no worries." She handed over the tickets and boarding pass to me.

I said, "thanks a lot aunty." She called someone who came into her office after five minutes.

I went along with her and she guided me towards the gate and helped me with everything. I thanked her and she smiled politely and left. I immediately boarded the flight. I texted Saachi saying that I've boarded the plane. After that I put my phone into flight mode and just decided to have a peaceful journey back home.

My mind was disturbed. I was really hurt. Whatever happens time and tide waits for no one, life has to go on but I don't know why it felt like my life can't go on without Neel being there in it. It's like along with me Neel is also a lead character of my life. Ugh....snap out of it Anisha! You've to move on. He's someone else's husband to be it's wrong to think about him now.