Chp:-24 Accusations

A:N-

LONG CHAPTER ALERT. THIS IS THE SECOND LAST CHAPTER.

WILL GO UNDER EDITING LATER.

LAST CHAPTER WILL BE OUT SOON I'M WORKING ON IT.

NO OFFENSIVE OR HATEFUL COMMENTS PLEASE. ENJOY.

ANISHA VENKATASUBRAMANIAN

"WAKE UP ANI KANNA HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND TO SLEEP IT'S 8AM" I heard my mother yell.

Argh...I groaned! This is so annoying.

I groggily said, "Ugh...mom let me sleep know it's Sunday today I was out till late yesterday with Varun. He's coming at 12pm only."

Mom said, "silly girl wake up we've to go to Neel's place. He's getting engaged and then married soon. Mala has called us. Neel will be expecting you to come you're his best friend after all."

I said, "Amma he's getting married, I'm not so please let me sleep."

Mom said, "you're coming and I won't take no for an answer. We've to be back before Varun comes over for lunch."

I said, "ugh....fine." I sat up on the bed for a while. I kept paandu aside on the bed.

I sleepily dragged myself into the bathroom and did my morning business and took a shower and got dressed and I was ready to go.

I went out towards the living room and called my mom, "MOM, MOM, where are you?"

I saw my grandpa in the living room.

Grandpa looked at me and said, "Good morning kanna. Your Amma is in the car. She asked me to send you downstairs as soon as you're ready. You are going to have breakfast with everyone at the Ramakrishnan house."

I said, "ok thatha. Bye, you take care and eat on time."

Grandpa said, "I will kanna. Bye." I walked out of the house and went downstairs.

I got inside the car and mom drove out.

I asked, "I didn't see appa and paati (grandma) at home. Where are they?"

Mom said, "Dad has gone out he had some work as you know he's helping Navi and Mala with all the preparations. Your paati (grandma) is at the Ramakrishnan house with her close friend as in Neel's paati."

I said, "okay."

Mom asked, "everything ok kanna? You seem to look dull."

I said, "yeah mom everything is ok." I lied.

I don't want to go to Neel's house ugh but I didn't want to create a scene so I budged. Soon, we reached the Ramakrishnan mansion. We got out of the car after parking. My phone rang.

Mom said, "come kanna."

I said, "wait maa. Varun is calling. You go I'll come inside after answering the call."

Mom said, "come soon." She went in.

I answered Varun's call, "hey brother."

Varun said, "hey Ani. How are you feeling? Are you ok ?"

I said, "I'm not so okay but you know what it's fine. It'll take time for me to let everything sink in. I'm at Neel's place right now. Mom actually dragged me here. I didn't want to create a scene so I came. I'm just gonna be there for my bestie and be happy seeing him happy that's all."

Varun said, "hmm..... I can understand. I'm in the MedLife Hospital right now. Came to see Neel. We'll talk later when I come to your place for lunch."