Chp:-22 Realisation

A:N - Do read the author's notes in the end. Thanks :)

8 MONTHS LATER

NEEL RAMAKRISHNAN

I was sitting in my cabin in daze. It's been 8 months since Anisha came back into my life. The main purpose of her visit was to look after my dad as his personal nutritionist and I must say she's excellent at what she does. She's super strict but her strict demeanour is what helps people recover well. She does a lot of research and is very knowledgeable when it comes to her field and overall medical field for that matter. She has the remedy for everything. No wonder she's one of the best and the most recognised nutritionists. She's achieved so much at a young age and I'm immensely proud of her.

I'm thankful to God and universe for making us meet and helping us revive our friendship. We've again become stronger than before after the Goa trip. It's a treat to have Ani around in the hospital. Everyone loves her and respect her. The way she deals with her patients and clients is just very amazing. In such short time she has won so many hearts, all my patients love her. My family already loves her probably since the day she was born.

We've spent tonnes of time together in these months as a compensation of those 7 years of hell. It feels as if those good old days are back. Everyday is an extremely good day with her. In these 8 months we've gotten closer than before.

Those 7 years of cold distance and these 8 months of working together and the whole bonding thing has made me realise one thing, something that I should've realised way before and that is, I love Anisha Venkatasubramanian.

Yes, I'm madly in love with my best friend, my goldie, my zaalim aurat, my Panda bear, my Ani. I've always loved her but I was way too oblivious to realise that. I was blinded by my infatuation towards Ramya which made me think that I'm in love with her and the truth is I never loved her, it was just a typical silly hormonal attraction. I'm an idiot, it took me this long to figure this out.

But what about the guy she's still in love with since forever questioned my inner voice. My jaw automatically clenched and hands turned into tight fists. I just shook my head.

I was reading my patients medical history files when I heard knock at my cabin door.

I yelled, "come in."

The love of my life, my Ani entered my cabin and gave her bright smile to me and said, "Hey man. I'm done for the day. This is so wrong ya I'm super frustrated."

I chuckled and asked, "what's wrong?"

Anisha said, "I'm basically alone tonight. Amma appa are going for appa's colleague's son's engagement party and grandma grandpa are at Nidhi's house as they wanted to spend time with athai and everyone. Neel yaar I'm a freaking dietitian and I'm having cravings of eating some rich food from our favourite restaurant. I don't know what to do." I laughed. She's too cute.

I said, "there's nothing wrong in that. Dietitians are also humans ok. You eat whatever you want in moderation and do extra exercise tomorrow. Let's go come."

Anisha said, "you're the best chipmunk. You have solutions to all my confusions and problems." She pulled my cheeks.

I winced, "ouch leave me zaalim aurat (evil woman)." She just laughed.

Anisha said, "what to do when you have baby cheeks." She cheekily smiled.

I said, "baby cheeks, seriously? Tuney na ek din pagal kardena hai mujhe. Abh chal apne jagey pe jaate hai."

(You're gonna drive me crazy one day. Now come let's go to our usual place.)

Anisha said, "A2B?"